Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:13:00 PM EDT
I'm sure alot of you know this but some may not....S&B 223 rounds are either all steel or steel cored....in any event they go through 3/16 steel at 200 yards like butter. I won't shoot it anymore because I don't want to ruin my barrels, but as an AP round all I can say is it works.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is that they use steel in the jackets - like a number of other Euro ammo makers - but a lead core.  I could be wrong though.  

Have you compared the S&B penetration through steel and other 55gr such as Q3131a or XM-193?  

-K
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
They have a fluxiron (pretty soft, about same hardness as hard brass) jacket and leadcore. You wont ruin your barrels with them due their gilding metal plating.
Did you compare penetration of other 55gr FMJ to S&B? This sounds pretty interesting.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top