Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:05:01 AM EDT
Is OFV an Indian headstamp?

Good price, but I have heard bad stories about the Indian .308.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
OFV is Indian and like Wolf and XM193PD the stories range from the first round I ever fired blew up my rifle and the shrapnel killed seven pregnant women and a bunny, to I have shot 4 million rounds of it with no problems and it shoots 1/2 moa. There seems to be different vintages and packaging that are okay and lots of junk. Do a search in the ammo section of the FALfiles and you will find a lot of info.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
first round I ever fired blew up my rifle and the shrapnel killed seven pregnant women and a bunny

Boy I'v heard bad stories about the Indian ammo but that one is disturbing......
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I have bought Indian ammo and had good results with it, but I doubt I will buy it again.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top