Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 4:25:32 AM EDT
I bought some Remington UMC from Walmart the other day and was inspecting the rounds.  I bought three boxes, and upon inspection, i found that one whole box looks like the brass hasn't been annealed.  Could it be that they polished it afterwards?  The other 2 boxes had the darker annealed look.

Should I shoot this ammo without worry, or leave it alone?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
all the remmington ammo that i've gotten from wal-mart is that way!  shoots great,  Have you evern seen XM193 rounds?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen UMC .223 that was not polished.  I wouldn't worry about it.  If anything, if the brass is not polished and is discolored from the annealing process, then I would be curious about its origin as it would be the condition different from what I expected.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
The box I'm wondering is the one without the annealing.  The ones I've always bought were NOT polished.  I don't know if it has been polished, or never went through the annealing process to begin with.  I bought the rounds in TX, and normally buy them in NC.  I've never seen a shiny UMC case.  They've always been dirty looking at the top.  It's only this 1 box, all the others look the same.  Maybe I'll ask Remington...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.......worry as much and as hard as you can,  then snap your fingers three times and everything will instantly change for the better.

Remember the last cemetary you passed?  All the "worrying" that all those people ever did got them where?

See: "Your Erronious Zones",  by Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Just shoot the stuff.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top