Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:14:25 PM EDT
Is this good ammo? It is marked with a + and LC 02. Is this real XM193? I just bought 500 rounds.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=163183

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
More then likely it's the PD ammo.  The PD ammo is considered to be substandard ammo that has QC issues.  Some people don;t have problems with it but I would visually inspect all round before firing.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the PD version of XM193.  You can see the tacked threads about it.  Since you've already got it on the way make sure to hand sort them.  After that they should shoot fine.  I've never had trouble with XM193PD.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of problem? As long as it does not blow up or damage my gun, I wouldn't care.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
When you guys hand sort, what kind of problem are you looking for? This is my first time buying sub-grade ammo.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
neck splits, bulges around the necks. I pulled all of mine so I can't post any pics.
I had 46 scary ones out of 1000. Most people had far less bad ones, I just got a really crappy batch.

It shoots just fine though so don't be worried, just don't shoot anything that looks iffy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you Reload_em. I'll look for those problems.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top