Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2005 4:18:24 PM EDT
These are hard to find, tried to get them at FirepowerTV, but they up and quit the website biz. Has anyone seen these around?

Dr.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Dans Camo in Newport NC has them I think, They have some original WWII .50cal  boxes as well.  They have lots of surplus. I was kinda impressed.

Edited to add they have an Ebay Store

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#3]
go to ammunitionstore.com

then click on ammo boxes
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
go to ammunitionstore.com

then click on ammo boxes

I too am looking for SAW cans..

Went to the site and 50 cal. available but did not see-saw..
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Dans Camo Ebay Store...I should be getting a cut

Saw Ammo Can auction

Luck
Alac

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought 7 from this place:

www.colemans.com/

Look under containers, here is the direct link to the fat 50's:

www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/en/product/134101

Each can was $9.95 for a total of $69.65 plus an additional $31.19 for shipping (worked out to about $15 a can with shipping).  As you can see, shipping is a bitch, so gunshows are your best bet if you can find them there.

Edited to add that they were shipped out within a week of ordering and that the cans were in very good condition, with the exception that they were marked up with marker and tan paint in spots.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Where are you at in NC?  The other day I was dropping off some scrap at J&E scrap yard, in Jacksonville, and throughout the facility they must have had about 500 ammo cans of various sizes.

Not sure if they had the ones you are looking for though.

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I am in Asheville, NC.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up 2 SAW cans in excellent shape at a gun show yesterday for $6 each. I guess I should've bought more. The guy had a pallet full of them and they all looked to be in good to excellent shape.

This is the first time I had seen them. I came to the show planning on buying a couple of .50 cans, but when I saw these I bought 2. If I did the math right, SAW cans hold 51% more than .50 cans.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top