Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 5:34:13 AM EDT
I ordered 2K of the M193 at 8pm on 1/5.  At 8am on 1/6 I got a confirmation email saying it was processing.

Then they left a me a VM that my credit card wouldn't go through (guess I fat-fingered it).  Wife didn't tell me about the VM until 1/7 evening.   I call first thing today and they apparently sold it out from underneath me.

Great way to treat a repeat customer!

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I would be more pissed at the wife.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, you flubbed the number, not them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think I would be more pissed at the wife.

they have a point.  its not there fault you typed the wrong number or your card doesnt work.

also if it was important your wife should have told you sooner

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Well if you would stop trying to buy all the ammo to save the world you would not have had to go thru with not having any credit on your credit card
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I agree with the others, it's a tough break.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have use them twice. Good to go.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
it sucks what they did...but how where they to know you wherent some jackoff trying to make up a credit card number or just messing around.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
it sucks what they did...but how where they to know you wherent some jackoff trying to make up a credit card number or just messing around.

He says he was repeat customer so if he's been buying from them for so so long, perhaps they should have recognized him.  I'm guessing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He says he was repeat customer so if he's been buying from them for so so long, perhaps they should have recognized him.  I'm guessing.

Exactly my point, that the rest of the keyboard jockies missed.  Normally when you order something, your quantity should be set aside, especially when you get an email the next morning saying it's "processing".

As for the wife forgetting to tell me, it sounds like I would have missed my quantity anyways, as I wouldn't have gotten the message until I got home from work.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

A real ecommerce website would have live inventory and instant online validation of credit card numbers.  Besides, I was only guessing at typing it in wrong.  Their order system is obviously a highly manual processes, they could have screwed it up for me as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I would be pissed if they did that to me.

You can;'t blame them for selling it (a hot commodity) when you did not respond.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top