Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 6:52:58 PM EDT
OK, i have been trying to find something that my rifle eats reliably, please don't flame me because i really need answers.  wolf ALWAYS falil to eject about the 5th round and that includes new wolf.  i have changed all the springs, minimal cost, and still the same.  i just bought 250 rounds of Olympic , no lot number, for 10.00 per box of 50.  i will be testing this weekend, do you think this is actually bad ammo or like my AR only eats what it wants.  thanx
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
by the way  it loves American Eagle .223 if that helps
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
There have been a number of bad reviews of Olympic brand ammo on here.  I do NOT recommend it.

Speaking of Wolf, I'm guessing you're not aware that Olympic Arms specifically states not to use non-brass cased ammo in their rifles, which is a nice way of saying "No Wolf".

I'd stick with American Eagle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some XM193 or Q3131a.  These two types are considered the prime for 55gr M193 spec ammo.  Olympic has a poor reputation among many members here.  Also, you might want to check your extractor to see if the hook is still "sharp" and if the spring still good.  Both are cheap to replace, and should be done if you've shot steel cased ammo in the past with any regularity.  You should also check your ejector spring and make sure its still pushing the ejector out with force.  If not, replace it; it costs less than a buck.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
thanx, i have replaced the springs, wolf sucks, i have not tried the new wolf yet though, i'll try this oly stuff this weekend and let you know.  it is cheap though, if it feeds.  thanx again
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy COW!!!  I just had horrible experience with Olympic ammo yesterday.  Several rounds would not fully chamber and bound up the bolt.  It took a lot of force to free up the binding.  I will not use it again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]
After I purchased 1000 rds of the Olympic stuff, I read the MIXED reviews here (in another thread).

When I shot my 1st box of 50, it would not load the 1st round.  Tried twice.
Then I pulled 5 rds out of the mag and reloaded them and for the next 150 rds
NOT a single problem.  So, I think my FTF was an operator problem.

Would I buy more, yes I think so.  Depends on the price.

This was shot at 50m with IRONS using Olympic.....

Oh well....  I cannot see how to add a pic with my post.  I shot a quarter at
50m using irons.  Not bad for my 1st try at it.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
ok, tried to fire that shit up and here is what happened:

bang, bang, bang, bang, click, click click click

every click i cycled back the charging handle and looked at the round.  it seems that the rounds that went bang had a deeper depression in the primer than the ones that did not.  this is the same thing that happened with the remington and the poly wolf.

my excellent gun person gave me 40 rounds of the new wolf as a consilation prize, even though i can shoot the olympia out of my mini 14 without problem.  

do you think it is my firing pin?  any help appreciated.  i'm gonna try the new wolf tomorrow evening to see if it is functional.  thanx
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Your AR is messed up real bad.  I'll give ya $50 for it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit through Shit just might work!  You never know!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Olympic and Olympic, they match, it's gotta work!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top