Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 7:55:49 AM EDT
Anybody know this ammo?
"Frankonja Jagd", a huge German gun store, is offering this soon. Might be an interesting training ammo for 75/77gr. defense loads.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:05:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not familiar with this IMI ammo, but I would have to suspect it may be similar to the 77 gr FMJ loads the US Navy SEAL's used in their Stoner 63 light machine guns used in the Vietnam era. If it has the same bullet construction and similar performance, it may offer some fragmentation too, as I am pretty sure the 77 gr FMJ rounds I am speaking of did so in one of  DocGKR's tests. At least at relatively close ranges anyway.

I suppose the only way to know for sure is to grab some once it becomes available and send it to B&T for further evaluation.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure it's a 77 grain load?  I remember seeing a 70 grain FMJ from IMI.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Please correct me if I am wrong with the manufacturer, FNMI made a 77GR FMJ projectile during the US Indo china conflict, (IE timeframe of stoner weapon,and UDT community usage)  Enhancing the lethality of the 5.56 has alwas been a concern of the mil engineering community. This is pre SS109 projectile.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to try to find out more about it/ order some (should be here in early October).
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep. Advertised as 77grs FMJ. I  ordered a couple packs too. They (Frankonia) told me they have ordered 10000 rounds already, but none have arrived in their central storage as of yet. Time will tell.
Interestingly, IMI has no such ammo on their homepage. I will ask a friend to delaborate a cartridge so I can weigh the projectile.
Will report back :)

Regards!
Matt
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]
cool, it would be nice to have some factory 77 grainers
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top