Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 2:18:33 PM EDT
Since the search feature isn't working.....

I thought I saw a post warning against using Wolf ammo in a Bushmaster rifle.  Is it a warrantee issue or will it hurt the upper?  I'm getting ready to order some plinking ammo and have my sights set on Wolf due to low $.

Insight anyone?

M590 Man
16" BM Dissy A2
20" Eagle Arms/Oly A2
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster told me its ok to use it in there rifles and will not void the warranty.  I had problems in my bushy Dissy but it was because the gas key was loose.  All the bushys have chrome lined barrels so it shouldnt be a problem.  (Some Might Argue though)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I've run hundreds of rounds of  the newer polymer coated Wolf thru my BM M4gery. No issues to report, but that Wolf characteristic odor stinks!
But... guess I'll grab another case at the next show.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Works great, just don't expect too much accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Works great, just don't expect too much accuracy.

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what you define as accuracy, but I was having no problems hitting a 8" wide gas cylinder (empty) at the HunFarm shooting prone with my EOTech scoped M4gery at 300 yards about 75% of the time.  Heck of a wind too. That's plenty good for plinking. Not a single misfire and no cleaning all weekend.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't know what you define as accuracy, but I was having no problems hitting a 8" wide gas cylinder (empty) at the HunFarm shooting prone with my EOTech scoped M4gery at 300 yards about 75% of the time.  Heck of a wind too. That's plenty good for plinking. Not a single misfire and no cleaning all weekend.

Of course the usual disclaimers apply.  My experience with Wolf pretty much been the same as yours.  I get about 4 inch groups at 100 yards.

4 inches at 100 yards = 12 inches at 300 yards.  A 12 inch spread can reasonably be expected to hit an 8 inch target 75 percent of the time.  So really if you are happy with 4 MOA accuracy that's great!

I am usually disappointed in ammo that gets more than 2 MOA.  In your case that would translate to hitting a 6 inch target 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]
The old wolf wouldnt work worth a damn in my Oly but ran fine in a buddy's Bushy.  My Colt will eat it up as well, I think it's the chrome lined 5.56 chambers that make the difference.  I wouldnt sweat it with a Bushy, shoot some but be sure to clean the crap out of it.  Bushy is one of the best as far as being functional all the time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a Wolf naysayer, I just wont use it in my RRA AR.

I know it would probably work but, I just aint gonna do it. I've heard too many stories true or untrue that would keep me from using it.

That said, my Polytech AK47 eats it like there's no tomorrow and asks for more!

Russian for Russian, American for American.

That's just me though, many folks have no problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Besides the smell from Wolf ammo, it is one of the dirtiest also!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top