Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 2:57:16 AM EDT
a friend of mine is offering me a Hornady TAP 60 grs. & a Hornady Match Moly 75 grs. for my original m4...which one should i get?   pls. help.  thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If your twist rate ([b]which btw should always be included when asking a question like this[/b][;)]) is 1/9 then I venture a guess that the 60grn bullet will group tighter.

That said I have seen 1/9 twist, M4s that like the 75 grn. bullets, so why not by a box of each and try them both....., or perhaps he'll let ya have half of each.

Mike  
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the intended use of the ammo?  If its defensive I'd say get the 75gr.  If its for accuracy then Mr Wilson had some good advice.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
After reading the ammo-oracle for real this time, if its for defense what forest said.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
my m4 has a 1:7 twist.  thanks guys!  i'll get the 75 grs. match hornady:->

will my 1:9 carbine shoot the 60 grs. TAP with good results?   what are your experiences with the 60 grs. tap?    happy holidays:->
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top