Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2003 12:31:00 PM EDT
I purchased a 720 round box of it in January for a good price and am finally just about done with it (only about 200 rounds left).  Back before my Reg lightning link cleared the ATF it worked great.  But now that I am running full-auto I am getting stuck cases.  My Lake City and PMC run great.  I can run beta mag dumps no problem.  But if I fill the Beta with Radway it will stick in the chamber.  Heck, yesterday I had two different uppers with Radway cases stuck in them.  I had a couple more stick but I was able to get them out by dropping the bolt again and giving it a good tug.  I am not planning on getting anymore Radway, but I just wondered if you guys had seen this.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#1]
RG SS109 is underpowered for the British SA80.
NOT M855 milspec.

It short-stroked my carbine every pull.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That's the weird thing.  I didn't have power problems.  It just stuck in the chamber.  When I ran it in semi I had no problems at all.  Wonder if it doesn't like a hot chamber?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's the weird thing.  I didn't have power problems.  It just stuck in the chamber.  When I ran it in semi I had no problems at all.  Wonder if it doesn't like a hot chamber?
View Quote

When this happens to you, is the bolt closed?
Or is it stuck after trying to ramp a new round from the mag?

Might want to post this in the Troubleshooting forum.....

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It hangs trying to feed another round.  Most of the time if I clear the weapon and drop the bolt on the stuck case after tugging on the charging handle it will come out.  I guess I am not really concerned because other ammo works fine (Winchester, PMC, Lake City).  It's just the Radway.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It hangs trying to feed another round.  Most of the time if I clear the weapon and drop the bolt on the stuck case after tugging on the charging handle it will come out.  I guess I am not really concerned because other ammo works fine (Winchester, PMC, Lake City).  It's just the Radway.
View Quote

Sounds like you're not getting enough gas on FA to extract, then jam.
Your lucky it cycled on semi.

~ s0ulzer0
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top