Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 6:38:15 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for New Production .308 for Long Term Storage.  Its pretty easy to come up with pretty good prices for excellent new 5.56, and Surplus .308 is fairly plentiful, but close to 20 years old already.  I'd like to put away a couple thousand fresh rounds and have been thinking about Remington UMC or Federal in FMJ.  I want to make sure my kids can still fire the M1A and FAL when they are old enough.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Between Federal and UMC I like the Federal ammunition better for the .308 Win.

Eric at www.ammoman.com sells Federal 150 Gn. FMJ for $215 for 500 rounds. This includes freight to your door.

If you store it in GI ammo cans that have a good rubber seal around the edge, and keep it cool and dry, it will keep for as long as your kids will be alive. If you live in an exceptionally humid environment (Northwest, Southeast etc.) you can throw a small desicant pack inside to minimize the humidity levels inside the can.

Just my .02 cents worth.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top