Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2002 9:44:41 AM EDT
Ok, I picked up about 300 rounds of ammo at the gun show.  It comes 100 rounds to a bandolier and is in plastic stripper clips.  Three pockets have 30 rounds on strippers and the fourth pocket has one stripper clip and a cool plastic stripper guide.

The vendor said it was Canadian M855-type ammo.  The bag is labeled "C77"

Was he right?  What do I have here?
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep.

IVI manufactured CDN issue ammo (SS109 type)
What is the year on the headstamp?

Anything in the 84-86 year is highly suspect as it lots in those years were condemned due to the bullet being incorrectly manufactured (the penetrator was offcentered and the bullets tend to fly appart.
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I am at work now, but I will check the headstamps when I get home.

You Canadian guys sure came up with a better stripper feed system than we did!

Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, the Canadian strippers and clip guides are great. You can even use the guide with loose ammo, just drop it in.
And C77 ball is excellent, excellent stuff,  Clean and accurate.
Hard to turn the excess back in after the ranges.
Please post a range report if you get a chance, this stuff is even hard to get up here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2002 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, the ammo headstamp has IVI, the NATO cross, and 85 on it.

I will shoot a bit of it soon and report back to you guys.  Some of this may end up in the reserve pile.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top