Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2021 3:20:50 PM EDT

*** 12 Sept, UPDATE ***
- I ran another 100 rounds thru it today, used 3 different factory Glock mags, no issues, ran great.

I finally got all my parts together to finish my Aero Precision EPC build. Here are the specs:

- Aero EPC-9 Upper Receiver
- 7.3" ATLAS R-ONE Handguard
- 8.3" 9mm CMV Barrel
- VG6 GAMMA 9mm muzzle device
- Toolcraft BCG, got tired of waiting on the Aero BCG to be in stock.
- BCM charging handle

- Aero EPC lower
- Aero EPC LPK w/ hardened hammer and trigger pins
- FCG that I had in my spare parts bin
- Aero buffer tube
- Aero 7.7 oz buffer
- Aero .308 Carbine Buffer Spring
- MOE grip
- SBA3 pistol brace

It went together without any issues. The only hangup was finding a BCG, I wanted the Aero one but I couldn't find it in stock. I did some reading and ask some questions and decided on the Toolcraft BCG based on my previous experience with them. I ran 24 rounds of mixed ball ammo thru it this afternoon to sight it in and see how it functions. It took 6 rounds to zero the dot, seems accurate at 15 yds. The next 18 rounds went into a 2" spotter. It ran great, the bolt did lock back on the second to last round and then after the last round. I am very happy with how it turned out and how it shoots.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my blem lower and upper today rest of the parts minus fcg and rail (impossible to find a quality 7” or 8” rail right now) should be in by Thursday. Went with the 8.3 barrel. Will let you know how it shoots when I can find a PNT or ACT and a 7 or 8” rail. The receivers are dooope.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a compete gun since April with the 11.5 barrel.  The gun is a total blast to shoot and has been running exceptionally well with Speer 124 ball.  It's having some feeding issues with Federal 147 HP's regardless of the magazines, which are also all new.  I happened to email AP today, to check on a fix.
070821 update, Ran about 100 rounds of Federal 127 +P JHP's through it without issue through the same mags I used before.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs the Macon Armory fix............Feed cone reprofile.........
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Needs the Macon Armory fix............Feed cone reprofile.........
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have everything but the BCG, the Aero one is out of stock. Any recommendations for a BCG?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure if LRBHO is a priority for you in this case; if so aeros system seems to be the same thing as what new frontier uses on their PCC receivers (lrbho wire/hook in the upper and not the lower). The only difference being aero only uses 2 screws and not 3 on the plastic wire cover on the upper (not an issue). I hope someone can confirm my suspicion.

If LRBHO is something you want I've had much more luck with the fox trot mike lower that replaced my new frontier lower. It seemed on new frontier's system, I was taking out the wire/hook and having to re bend it every 4 to 6 months. Not sure what the issue was but I haven't had a single LRBHO failure on my fox trot. The LRBHO rod is contained in the lower instead of the upper; but I don't care where it is, I just want it to work.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Updated original post.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Update #2

*** 12 Sept, UPDATE ***
- I ran another 100 rounds thru it today, used 3 different factory Glock mags, no issues, ran great.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I ran the hell out of mine for the first time yesterday using factory 15, and 33 rd mags. Magpul 15, 17, and 27 rounders. It ate up S&B 115, 124g. Blazer 115,124g. And Speer 124g gdhp +p ammo with zero issues. I haven’t tried any of the heavier rounds yet but I never shoot them anyway. Glad your build worked out for you too! Thing is an absolute blast to shoot.

Build

Lower:
Aero blem
Aero epc lpk
Hardened trigger pins
ALG ACT (purple spring worked fine)
Aero enhanced buffer tube
Sprinco blue
Aero Epc buffer
Ergo TDX grip
Sba3

Upper:
Aero blem
Aero 8.3 barrel
VG6 epsilon
Bcm 8”mcmr
Bcm medium latch CH
Toolcraft Gen 2 9mm bcg

Holosun 403b in an adm 1/3 mount
Cloud defensive LCS w/ stream light hlx

Thing runs buttery smooth.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the EPC buffer solid or does it have sliding weights inside?
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Todays offering to the range gods.
Tried some 124gr +P's and they ran pretty well.  This gun does not like the Glock 33 round mag (does fine with ball) but with the HP's it still bounces some of them upwards in the feedcone, but tolerates the Glock 24 round mag.  I'm next going to try some different mags with the same ammo.
This gun likes to be run very, very hard regardless of ammo type.  It shoots great during slow fire, but just gobbles ammo as fast as you can press the trigger.  Where I've had the most feeding trouble is during slow fire.  Shot steel out to 50 without issues.
" />
" />
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#12]
@Rich275

Glad to hear it's running to your satisfaction.

If you're having problems feeding HP, even occasionally, I'd recommend getting in touch with Rudy at Macon Armory and ask about his barrel feed cone fix.  It's not a gimmick, and not expensive.  I have not had a feed failure since he did the work; ball, truncated cone, or HP.

https://maconarmory.com/pages/contact-us

My site: Blowback9.com
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Droppoint,
I'm aware of Macon but am going to exhaust all my ammo/mag choices before having work done.  I have close to 2k rounds of ball flawlessly through it, so I probably won't send it off as I have no real life use for the gun using HP.  I may do some simple polishing over the winter.
Sample of one, I have a buddy with a different brand pcc with work by Macon.  I haven't shot his gun, but he said it runs worse than before the work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Random sample maybe but I used the aero 8.3 barrel. Is anyone else getting outstanding accuracy with theirs?? Using the S&B 115, 124 and Blazer 124 all my holes were touching at 50. Moved out to the 100 with a 3x mag/red dot and same thing.. does the MOA guarantee apply to 9mm barrels too? Just impressed is all. I didn’t know if I got a diamond in the rough. No barrel break in procedures done.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I love this set but hate the Glock mags.

I wish they would do a colt mag version.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#17]
My cousin shot mine and decided to build of his own in FDE, we ran 100 rounds of Wolf thru it this weekend with zero problems.

I am very happy with how accurate both are.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#18]
True for 11" EPC-9 Upper (5D Tactical 80% "Aero Precision Style" {Glock Mag} Lower):

Faxon Gen 2 9mm PCC Blowback Full-Mass BCG, Chameleon PVD
(Also available in Nitride Black & Gold TiN PVD. Nitride version MSRP less than EPC BCG )
Works great and is very similar physical profile as the Aero EPC BCG (a few minor differences).
Faxon BCG is listed as 14.9oz with a removable weight, but mine weighed in slightly lighter (I believe by a few tenths of an oz)
The EPC BCG is listed as being 14.7oz.
The highlights...
Faxon:
• Glock, Colt, MP5 Style Lower Compatible
• removable weight (compatible with JP SCS & some other similar style buffering systems)
• Full Auto Capable
• "M16 Style" Extractor
• Dust Cover & LRBHO Compatible (LRBHO Confirmed)
NOT COMPATIBLE: Spike's Tactical Colt 9mm lower receivers.
Only issue I've had is with the face of the BCG just barely (and I mean JUST BARELY) kisses the 11" EPC barrel's extension when being slammed back home. I believe because mine actually weighs slightly less than listed putting it just under the weight of the Aero BCG, then the .308 spring and buffer that comes with the EPC buffer kit is causing the faxon BCG to slam into the barrel extension. So far it hasn't caused any problems or visible wear on either the BCG or barrel extension/feed cone but does add a bit more muzzle flip/dip than I feel like it should and a sort of annoying metallic reverberation as it slams back in (could be the spring twang but my gut says it's more than just that). Something else...RA-535 trigger caused reliability issues (dead trigger) about 6 times over 500 rounds. Hiperfire PDI has been flawless for about 300 rounds. That's all I've got so far, good luck.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#19]
A little update.  I wanted to very slightly polish the feedcone, so I took my sharpening stones from a Spyderco Sharpmaker and ever so gently, used them at the bottom.  My only intent was smooth out any grooves at the lip, to see if the HP rounds would properly feed.  Not much to see in the pic, but this may have worked.
Shot 50 rounds of Federal 127 HP with 1 nose up FTF, about 25 rounds of Federal 147 HP which all fed and then 50 rounds of Speer 127 ball which also all fed.  The mags were the OEM Glock 24 rounders that I've been using.  However, I'm now having some issues with the bolt not locking open.  Might be the wire got bent or who knows.  The pics show the groove that's being cut into the followers, I presume by the bottom of the bolt.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top