Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 4:17:03 PM EDT
Received my NFA modular BCG for Glock lowers and noticed the "gas key" isn't staked like I'm used to seeing on regular AR's. Is this normal? Would it be beneficial for me to stake it?

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
the one I just got from Rudy is staked-- I really would not prefer to have those bolts backing out!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the one I just got from Rudy is staked-- I really would not prefer to have those bolts backing out!
View Quote

I'm debating on if I should just stake them myself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:10:51 AM EDT
[#3]
My Colt 9mm is staked. I would stake it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
IMHO, it should be staked. I would go ahead and stake it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
My cmmg one is staked and IMO their 9mm bolts are the shiddizal IMO. My MAS defense bolt was not staked. I'd stake it if I were you
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like there is a general consensus here...I'm going to stake it tonight. I just need to figure out how I'm going to keep it steady in the vice without damaging it. YouTube here I come haha.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
CMMG 9 mm - staked.  Olympic Arms .45 ACP - not staked.  No problems with either.  As the key is just a guide on the blowback bolts, I don't see the necessity for staking but there's no harm with either for the most part.  I say "for the most part" because when I wanted to use the Olympic Arms .45 ACP with an M16 lower, I found that the carrier was a semi unit.  I had to buy an full auto carrier and swap the bolt plus extractor and spring, firing pin and spring, and key from the semi unit.  Breaking loose staked key bolts might have been a challenge.  As it was, took less than five minutes.  FWIW, the CMMG 9 mm BCG has the full auto trip length section carrier.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Red loctite............and forget.........
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sounds like there is a general consensus here...I'm going to stake it tonight. I just need to figure out how I'm going to keep it steady in the vice without damaging it. YouTube here I come haha.
View Quote

It's not too hard.
All you need is a anvil, some duct tape, and a a couple of fresh oranges.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's not too hard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not too hard.

Orange you funny!!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top