Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 11:55:01 AM EDT

I am getting ready to build a QC10 Glock lower.  I want to install a Geissele trigger because...they're awesome, but in a 9mm AR I used to own I broke a hammer pin from a standard parts kit.  The damn thing just snapped while I was shooting.

I replaced those pins with a KNS set.  I know G triggers aren't supposed to be used with those pins.  

So, how well do the G pins stand up to 9mm bolt abuse?  What can I do to help prevent breakage?  Heavy buffer?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is that the geissele pins are made of better steel and are machined to higher tolerances than standard or KNS pins.

They should be every bit as durable as KNS pins (if not more so).

That being said, I think the main contributors to wear are going to be if your bolt is ramped or not, the hammer you use, and your buffer/spring setup.  There are also some Geissele triggers that aren't compatible with some 9mm bolts (though I haven't confirmed this myself).
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That being said, I think the main contributors to wear are going to be if your bolt is ramped or not, the hammer you use, and your buffer/spring setup.  There are also some Geissele triggers that aren't compatible with some 9mm bolts (though I haven't confirmed this myself).
View Quote

Can you elaborate more on that for us 9mm AR newb's?

From what I've read, the SSA-E is gtg, but the S3D is not. No experience to confirm this, but I've read this from multiple sources.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Just call Geissellle and see what they recommend.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am getting ready to build a QC10 Glock lower.  I want to install a Geissele trigger because...they're awesome, but in a 9mm AR I used to own I broke a hammer pin from a standard parts kit.  The damn thing just snapped while I was shooting.

I replaced those pins with a KNS set.  I know G triggers aren't supposed to be used with those pins.  

So, how well do the G pins stand up to 9mm bolt abuse?  What can I do to help prevent breakage?  Heavy buffer?

View Quote

We haven't had any issues of pins breaking or snapping when being used with the 9mm. Our pins are harder than the pins that come with stock triggers. We harden them to a certain specification to ensure they are durable.

-Geissele Customer Service
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We haven't had any issues of pins breaking or snapping when being used with the 9mm. Our pins are harder than the pins that come with stock triggers. We harden them to a certain specification to ensure they are durable.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also great news!

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Greetings,

I built my 9mmAR using the DDLES Glock lower and an RRA bolt ramped and cut by ADCO. Geislee SSA/E using the pins it came with. No problems whatsoever; guessing, but probably have over 4K rounds through it so far. I think with the ramped bolt and correct weight recoil buffer (I used the Slash Heavy) you should have no issues. Hope your build goes well, mine is my favorite AR to shoot.

Regards, Jim
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Great.  That's what I am building.

Thank you.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top