Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 7:38:42 PM EDT
I don't know if this belongs here but that is what I was told today via e-mail from Brownells.

I have 6 CProducts 9mm mags and they have been problematic in my 9mm AR with dedicated Hahn block.  I have two Colt mags that work fine.  So anyway, I got on Brownells web site and find under factory gun parts 160-000-384 which is the part number for factory Colt mags, 32 rd.  $52.43 dealer price.  The catalog even shows Colt's part number SP62858.   Google that Colt p/n and you will see them sold as law enforcement magazines.  So I ordered them knowing the LEO marking mean nothing, and I don't care if they are marked.  The two I already own are marked.

Well, Brownells sends me 2 CProducts 32 rd magazines for the price of a genuine pony mag.     Package was even marked with Colt Defense LLC on the Brownells yellow sticker.  So I call 'em up and return the mags.  They say they will look into it.  Today I got an e-mail form them.

Email from Brownells:

We have received your return of the Colt mags 160-000-384. I remember a conference call to you last week concerning these mags. What we have been informed is Colt instead of making these ‘in house’ so to speak, c-products is the vendor that is producing these for Colt. We have no other information to give you, except these are shipped direct from Colt Manufacturing to Brownells.

We would suggest if you have any questions, please call and speak to Mike Watkins in Tech support at Brownells. Extension 5479, or you can call Colt direct at (800) 962-2658.

Karen Blankenship
Brownells Inc.
Customer Service
(641)623-5401 Ext 5417

I find this kind of hard to believe but maybe it's true.  You guys who have bought complete Colt carbines lately, did they come with CProducts mags?  Or Colt mags?  

I wish I could get the CProducts to work but I get feed jams and bolt over malfunctions with them.  I have the new followers marked 9mm on the under side.  Are these the latest?

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's an email that I just rec'd from C Products regarding the use of their 9mm mags in the new dedicated RRA 9mm lowers.  So, yes, I'd say this confirms that they are Colt's OEM supplier.

Subject: RE: 9mm mag with new RRA dedicated lower??
Date: June 2, 2008 3:44:35 PM GMT+02:00
To:   [shakennotstirred]

Sir,
That's the $64,000 question. This is what I can tell you...we are Colts supplier for the 9mm and it functions flawlessly. We have not had any problems with the magazines functioning in any rifle except with the RRA 9mm. With the adjustable block in the RRA, by moving it down .015-.020 it functions flawlessly. I really don't know where the block is in the new RRA.

LJ Panka
VP of Sales
C Products
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:55:29 AM EDT
[#2]
last year I spoke with someone at cproducts and they said they were going to start supplying colt with mags...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad I got a bunch of colt 9mm mags before they did this, the cproduct mags were not reliable in my CMMG 9mm, however the colt mags have run 100%. Is this is true I hope they have the mag issues sorted out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a factory Colt 6450 (made 5/05) that came with two Colt factory 20 rounds mags that were manufactured in 1995. I bought one 32 round Cproduct mag as an experiment. It didn't run so well with the original follower. Cproducts sent me a new follower and at least the bolt hold open works, but the mag is still not 100% reliable like the factory Colt mags. I get bolt over or failure to feed sometimes if I load the CProduct mag with more that 20 rounds
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I get bolt over or failure to feed sometimes if I load the CProduct mag with more that 20 rounds

That is the exact same issues I have with CProducts mags.  Only mine will malfunction with 10 in them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Even with the 2nd gen followers (with the 9mm on the bottom), you may have to file the front of the follower.  They seem to hit the front part of my Hahn dedicated mag block and stick when I slap the mag in.  Shave a little at a time until it stops hanging.  My build is a Hahn block, DPMS lower, and RRA upper build.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top