Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2007 10:09:37 PM EDT
where can I get an accurate 20" 22lr upper, I am most interested in an A2.  I looked at spikes since they are so highly regarded in here but I did not see any 20" uppers let alone A2 uppers.  I know I have at least one extra carry handle laying around so an A4 would do but I don't want to get tempted to get optics on this one so I would prefer an A2. BTW I wont need the conversion kit, it seems that all teh 22 uppers are sold with one as a complete assembly

I am being especially stupid week, I ordered everything to build a 9mm off a stripped lower and then I ordered a 22conversion for an old build that I haven't shot in a year but I want to convert that one to a dedicated 22lr before I realize how much money I have spent.... so any ideas before I come to my senses??

-Mike
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
(1) Compass Lake but need lots of $$$$. (modified 261 conversion):

Service rifle configuration Douglas barrel, A2……………….…..$979.20

Service rifle configuration built on flat top/A4 upper w/ detachable carry handle.

$1,040.40

Space Gun upper built on flat top/A4 receiver

With front and rear bases…….…………....……$979.20

Space Gun upper built on modified receiver

With front and rear bases......……….......……..$1,055.70

Space gun upper varies depending upon configuration and sight bases, for the most accurate price on the configuration you are looking for, call or e-mail with your specifics.

Please add $40.80 for any barrel over 25".

Please add $112.20 for a Krieger barrel.

Attention All CLE.22 owners:  

This is the ranking of favorite .22 ammo.

Rank Brand/Type
1 Wolf/SK
2      Federal
3 Eley Premium
3 CCI standard velocity
3 Winchester

(2)  KKF - less money, Ciener standard.

KKF Dedicated 22LR Uppers/Pricing

These KKF dedicated 22LR uppers shown below have become standard offerings from KKF. KKF brings you the KKF Barrel Extension for dedicated 22LR uppers. While accepting the Ciener unit, it precludes the admission of a .223 bolt (standard rotary bolt) for complete assurance that your KKF dedicated 22LR upper cannot be confused with standard 223 uppers, thus negating anyone chambering a standard 223 cartridge into these 22LR barrel chambers by mistake. Barrels alone start at $225. If you desire something not listed or unique, I will quote POR. Prices shown below are sans Ciener conversion unit. KKF can supply AR15 Ciener units for $140 (up) additional. Add  $90 for the A3 FSMS or Kortex permanently attached on 14 1/2" models. Uppers available are built on A1, A2, or A3Flattop upper receivers.  BM uppers slightly higher ($50). Add $85 for DCH on FlatTop models, $55 for M4 HG's. Prices shown do not include S&H. There are more pics available for viewing in the ' 22LR Uppers' photo album.

KKF Standard Upper Konfigurations

(A2 or A3 forged upper receiver)

'M4gery 16"-$495
'M4gery'14 1/2"-$495
20" A2 or HBar-$475
16" A2 or HBar-$475
16"FT/FFloater-$395
20" NM DCM upper-$595
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
ouch that is more than I am looking to spend(compas lake) + they already come with the conversion kit.i will go check kkf now what I am really looking for is a kit that comes with a slow twist barrel that is ready for a drop in ciener kit do these exist?

I am getting the feeling i may have screwed myself because I was under the impression you dropped the ciener into the pre built dedicated uppers, being stupid hurts.

how are the guys at spikes to deal with? do you guys think I could send him my kit to use as the one in the rifle? it is brand new (still in the mail on its way to me actually)

-Mike

ETA looked at KKF that seems to be what I was looking for I will call him tomorrow thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster lists a 20, I have one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bushmaster lists a 20, I have one.

The Bushmaster .22lr rifles aren't available yet are they?
When I looked a few weeks ago, everyone that was advertising them didn't have any yet.  That may have changed by now tho.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Just get a Colt 1-12 pencil barrel, disable the gas tube and install Ciener. Load and fire. Repeat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:07:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd recomend KKF.  I just ordered two 20" barrels.  $295 each (includes delta ring assembly, A2 front sight assembly, A2 flash suppressor).  The barrel does not include the conversion kit, but you already have one so you are good to go.  The KKF barrel will accept any unmodified conversion kit.  So, if you have an A2 upper and a set of handguards lying around, your set!

I bought my first KKF barrel six years ago, and have about 19,000 rounds through it now.  I haven't noticed any loss in accuracy with it.  I highly recomend his barrels.

Thanks!

Brad
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top