Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 7:07:41 AM EDT
A friend of mine is looking for 1-2 10rd mags for his factory Colt .22 conversion.

Are you aware of any sources for these?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks. I was wondering if their mags were compatible. The .22 part of their webpage is currently being reworked. I will have my friend call them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a DPMS dedicated upper and a 22 colt conversion kit.  the magazines from the DPMS work with the colt conversion kit.  Whitaker's guns in East Louisville Ky has DPMS 22 mags in stock.  Whitaker has a good website with directions and phone numbers.  E Louisville is about 10 miles west of Owensboro.   You can find Whitaker's guns  by doing a Google search.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. To make things confusing, my friend called DPMS this morning, and they told him they did not make compatible mags. Strange.

edit:  www.whittakerguns.com/

Thanks for the info...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The colt magazine for the conversions have a tab in front of the stacked bullets.  this tab fits into the under side of the colt conversion.  The colt magazines will not fit in a DPMS upper.  The DPMS upper does not have this cut out.  The DPMS mags I have all function reliably in my colt conversion in several 5.56 rifles.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the clarification.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top