Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 10:48:25 AM EDT
What would happen if you used a Ciener 22 kit with the anti-bounce weight and sear trip in a AR15?

I am assuming that the m16 kit does not change the firing mode, would there be any advantages or disadvantages in using the anti-bounce weight on semi?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No difference between using the Ciener with the sear trip, and using an M16 bolt carrier in an AR - just adds a slight amount of weight, should be no change in function.

There have been some posts indicating that the anti-bounce weight might improve reliability in semi-auto use, but I don't know if anyone has tested the concept fully.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The kit is the same. The only extra parts to make the kit work in fa is the sear trip and anti bounce weight. If you use the trip and anti bounce it will not make the AR go FA if thats what you are asking.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured that the sear and anti-bounce weight couldn't make it FA.  I was mostly wondering if the weight or sear has any affect on function or reliability.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top