BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2006 3:48:14 PM EDT
I've read the FAQ and have gone over alot of posts but still havetwo questions

Basically I'm going to be running an RRA midlength upper on an Ammetec lower

I'm going to use a Standard Rifle length buffer extension
Can I use a Standard Rifle Buffer and Spring ?

Next up, I think I've settled on a Hahn Precision Magblock
What are the differences between the  Top and Bottom loaded Blocks ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the Hahn website, hope it helps.

hahn-precision.com/armory/armory.htm
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've read the FAQ and have gone over alot of posts but still havetwo questions

Basically I'm going to be running an RRA midlength upper on an Ammetec lower

I'm going to use a Standard Rifle length buffer extension
Can I use a Standard Rifle Buffer and Spring ?
YES....  don't let the visual appearance of the buffer fool you... std rifle buffer is fine, but since I live in a "FREE" state, there is a brass dowel inside my buffer body (replacing the guts) to bring the weight to 7oz, as I run a suppressor, you can run 556 with it also.

Next up, I think I've settled on a Hahn Precision Magblock
What are the differences between the  Top and Bottom loaded Blocks ?
Quick simple answer, top loader installs from top of the lower, wont fall out bottom....
Bottom loader install from bottom like a magazine, needs to be secure to magwell so it don't fall out.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
if you are using the rifle extension you need the 9mm buffer and a 9mm spacer.
you can use the rifle spring though. the 9mm buffer is SHORTER,therefore requires a spacer. if you use a cabine length extension all you need is the 9mm buffer.

as far as the magblock goes, the only difference that i know of is one goes in the top and one goes in the bottom. with the top loaded one you dont have to worry about it falling out . thats all i know about that.

AR out
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
jonemtp, I checked the Hahn website and it wasn't very informative

I guess I wanted feedback from users of either or someone who had knowledge of both
Seems to the me the Top Loaded Block would be better

I also considered the VM Hytech which is actually Cheaper and allows use of unmodified Uzis however I just dont like the Looks of it

SBR7_11  I figured I could use the Standard Buffer but wasn't sure
I checked the weights and what I came up with was a Standard Buffer weighs in at 5.15 oz and the 9mm Buffer 5.47
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If your building a dedicated 9mm AR, get the Hahn dedicated mag-block. The concern with mags will soon be over, as CProducts will soon be making a Clot style mag at a reasonable price.

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If your building a dedicated 9mm AR, get the Hahn dedicated mag-block. The concern with mags will soon be over, as CProducts will soon be making a Clot style mag at a reasonable price.

Not for me, I live in the Great State of NY where the Great Republican Governor George ( Scumbag ) Pataki made the AWB permanent

So new Production Hi-Caps are a NO-GO
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
if you are using the rifle extension you need the 9mm buffer and a 9mm spacer.
WHY ?, "9mm" CAR buffer is similar weight as the std rifle buffer...

you can use the rifle spring though. the 9mm buffer is SHORTER,therefore requires a spacer. if you use a cabine length extension all you need is the 9mm buffer.
DO NOT PUT CAR PARTS AND SPACERS IN A RIFLE TUBE !

AR out

Buffers is about weight...

Why is everbody hung up on the "9mm" buffer being some kind of special magical part ?  It is a simple CAR style buffer that weighs 5.4oz, which is more than the 3.8oz "H" CAR style, or the plain 2.9oz CAR style that is sold with every collapse stock (anything less than 5oz should be banned)..
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I use the 9Q buffer Slash makes, on my 9mm suppressed SBR.

It helps keep the blowback thru the ejection port door virtually non-existant. The lower seems to stay cleaner as well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I use the 9Q buffer Slash makes, on my 9mm suppressed SBR.

It helps keep the blowback thru the ejection port door virtually non-existant. The lower seems to stay cleaner as well.

When it cycles, is it still pretty snappy when it cycle (plenty of bolt speed).. ?  The 7oz rifle buffer works good for me... reason I ask is I took the 12.8oz from my M11 slowfire, and dropped it into the AR, and it was extremely sluggish.

12.8oz rifle buffer -
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

When it cycles, is it still pretty snappy when it cycle (plenty of bolt speed).. ?  The 7oz rifle buffer works good for me... reason I ask is I took the 12.8oz from my M11 slowfire, and dropped it into the AR, and it was extremely sluggish.

12.8oz rifle buffer -
img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/capttoyota/MACsteelbuffer1.jpg

Not sluggish at all, it still has a good snap. But I will say that there is a definite change from the RRA 9mm buffer I was using, granted that is about a 4oz change.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top