Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:51:17 PM EDT
I reeeaaallly want a .45 upper for my M16 but the lack of hi cap .45 mags may force me to go the 9mm route.  Do you guys know who has high cap .45 mags?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged, as I'm looking as well. I'm not a big fan of 9mm and would prefer to go with .45.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock hi cap mags in one of the Oly Glock lowers is all I could think of.  They have them in 45ACP
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Most likely your m16 lower will not take 45 mags. .45 is too wide for 98% of lowers out there.Check out Cav arms in the industry sectionwww.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=61&t=146137

ETA: I forgot about uzi mags and link added
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
If you look around you can find 16 round uzi mags and have them converted by Olympic arms to work with their uppers. They are expensive.

You should also see the post in this forum by qd4gtz. I am sending him funds for three of his GG mag conversions.

Here is a link to the thread:

GG mags
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have modified the GG mag for 10mm(35rnds) & 45(28rnds) except I use them with my sten block. The first one is the issue, after that it was a snap! I tested the 10mm over the weekend & it ran 100%. The 45 mag went out to someone & I am waiting to hear back from them.  Ron  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have modified the GG mag for 10mm(35rnds) & 45(28rnds) except I use them with my sten block. The first one is the issue, after that it was a snap! I tested the 10mm over the weekend & it ran 100%. The 45 mag went out to someone & I am waiting to hear back from them.  Ron  

When you say you modified them, what exactly did you do?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#7]
qd4gtz pretty well explains it. Squeeze in vise to fit in magwell & narrow follower to fit. I left the block off & notch back for sten block. I have more mags on the way to make some more Ron
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
qd4gtz pretty well explains it. Squeeze in vise to fit in magwell & narrow follower to fit. I left the block off & notch back for sten block. I have more mags on the way to make some more Ron

where can I get the sten block
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Squeezing them and moding the followers is the biggest PITA, but don't forget milling or drilling the spot welds and removing the "upper support" (FLOABT) is also adds time to the work.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:17:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I knew I would leave somthing out. Thanks,qd4gtz! I cut around & left the metal around the feed lips for more support/strength. Kurt(KKF) has the sten block on his website for $65. I havent found them for less than that. It is not hard to do mag conversion considering the benifits. Ron
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top