Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 4:08:12 PM EDT
I have an Oly Arms/Dalphon 9mm upper on a Grizzly lower. Mags are either Oly midified Sten or unmodified sten with a KKF/Socom mag block. Stock is a 3 position fiberlite with a standard buffer system.

Problem:

Whenever I shoot Wolf ammo thru this rifle, it goes full auto. The first 3 rounds are semi and then it just goes full auto expending 4 to 5 rounds before jamming on a spent casing which failed to eject all the way. If I use any other ammo, Winchester white box, PMC, Remington, UMC, the rifle functions normally. However, it seems to want to perform different with Wolf.

Any ideas?

Could it be the buffer or the fact that it may need a 9mm hammer?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
taking a WAG here.  maybe it's underpowered and not resetting the hammer, but going back far enough to eject case.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
possible the finish off the case 's are hanging up the f/pin and slam firing. OR the wolf's primer's are sitting higher?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, another thing I noticed: WHen I insert a loaded mag (Wolf ammo) and I release the bolt, it slam fires the first round chambered. Not always...just sometimes. It doesn't do it with the other ammo mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
You don't need a 9mm hammer in an OLY and the standard buffer is ok. My OLY started doubling/tripled after I had used about a case of Wolf pretty dirty stuff. I noticed that my firing pin was stuck for lack of a better word. Soaked the entire bolt in Hoppes, then cleaned and relubed bolt and firing pin.  Since then I have run 7-8k of various ammmo through it no problem.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:59:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You don't need a 9mm hammer in an OLY and the standard buffer is ok. My OLY started doubling/tripled after I had used about a case of Wolf pretty dirty stuff. I noticed that my firing pin was stuck for lack of a better word. Soaked the entire bolt in Hoppes, then cleaned and relubed bolt and firing pin.  Since then I have run 7-8k of various ammmo through it no problem.

Thanks for the input Bob. I'll do a permanent change and see if that helps
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Does Oly send out it's newer uppers with the firing pin spring?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top