Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 2:49:58 PM EDT
Wanted to let everyone know there is a .22 dedicated upper (Ciener Compatible) available in the EE. These don't pop up very often, so I thought I'd post a note on the rimfire board for those who might be interested. Please delete if in violation.

EE Ad:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=294376

_________________________________________________________________________________

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Wanted to let everyone know there is a .22 dedicated upper (Ciener Compatible) available in the EE. These don't pop up every so often, so I thought I'd post a note on the rimfire board for those who might be interested. Please delete if in violation.
_________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=294376

is that what .22 uppers are going for?

I shot one yesterday, I really liked shooting .22LR in a AR.  But now I am reconsidering looking at the price.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wanted to let everyone know there is a .22 dedicated upper (Ciener Compatible) available in the EE. These don't pop up every so often, so I thought I'd post a note on the rimfire board for those who might be interested. Please delete if in violation.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=294376

Fixed that for ya
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
is that what .22 uppers are going for?

Pretty much.  If that includes the Ciener that's a good price.  Most Ciener-based uppers run about that much plus $140 for the Ciener kit.  Even w/o the kit that's a decent price considering the rails.  (I couldn't tell from the ad if the while kit was included or just the modified plate.)

The DPMS and Bushmaster uppers inlcude the "kit" for that price, which makes them cheaper, but no hi-caps.  (Until the DPMS ones ship.)
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to all for "the bumps".

This .22 upper offers two distinct advantages over the $300-$400 Bushy/DPMS/CZ uppers. If you're on a budget, and don't mind the 10 round mags and no full-auto capability, then they are the way to go. On the other hand,  this custom made upper utilizes the Ciener conversion kit which allows for the use of 30 round magazines as well as have "sear trip" capability to run in full auto.  

I have $625 invested in it (without the Ciener conversion kit), so $499 isn't a bad deal.  Only the modified Ciener Bolt Carrrier (plate) is included with this upper, the rest of the Ciener "conversion kit" is not included.

It's starting to get harder to find dedicated .22 uppers for the Ciener conversion kit. Last thing I heard was Rick Kuehl was getting out of the business.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:12:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks to all for "the bumps".

This .22 upper offers two distinct advantages over the $300-$400 Bushy/DPMS/CZ uppers. If you're on a budget, and don't mind the 10 round mags and no full-auto capability, then they are the way to go. On the other hand,  this custom made upper utilizes the Ciener conversion kit which allows for the use of 30 round magazines as well as have "sear trip" capability to run in full auto.  

I have $625 invested in it (without the Ciener conversion kit), so $499 isn't a bad deal.  Only the modified Ciener Bolt Carrrier (plate) is included with this upper, the rest of the Ciener "conversion kit" is not included.

It's starting to get harder to find dedicated .22 uppers for the Ciener conversion kit. Last thing I heard was Rick Kuehl was getting out of the business.

So what you are saying ill need more parts to get it to work?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... Only the modified Ciener Bolt Carrrier (plate) is included with this upper, the rest of the Ciener "conversion kit" is not included.

So what you are saying ill need more parts to get it to work?

Yes.  You'd need to buy a Ciener kit to use as the bolt in this upper.  He's including the one part of the Ciener kit that is modified to work with the barrel so you could just swap in his modified part instead of modifying your own, but not the rest of the kit.   I don't know if you could save any money by buying the rest of the kit as parts w/o the receiver plate, or if you'd be better off buying a whole kit.  I'd guess the latter.

It does seem like .22LR uppers are expensive for "just a .22", but when you think about it the only parts that are different from a .223 upper are the barrel and the bolt assembly.  So it should cost as much as a .223 upper.  And the parts that are different lose the economy of scale that the .223 parts have.  Plus there's a lot of machining on the barrels to get the chamber adapter part milled.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could reply to these things during the day

Working late is for the dogs
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top