Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 11:50:40 AM EDT

Transfer appoved 9/20, dealer got forms today. I'll let you know how it shoots later, I'm on the way to the range in a few minutes.

This is an Oly 45acp upper with an SRT integral suppressor.

Edited to add:

Just got back from the range. I do believe it was worth the wait. I only had time to put a few mags through it but it is pretty cool. I would say the sound is like disconnecting a couple air hoses under pressure. It is just loud enough that you really don't notice the action noise. The first six rounds were at paper targets to sight in the Aimpoint and it did seem sort of loud. Then I stated banging away at some steel gongs at about 75 yards and the sound of the bullets hitting the steel was much louder than the sound coming from firing.
Hopefully I'll have time to get out this weekend and do some more extensive testing. I would like to hear it while someone else is shooting it. And an little bump firing is definately in order!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice looking setup congrats
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Where'd you get the 16 round mag?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where'd you get the 16 round mag?

I ran across some "new in box" at a gunshow and sent them to Olympic to have them converted. I would hate to have to admit to how much I have in them but I wanted to have a few.

If Cav Arms ever gets their aluminum lower to market I will get one of those and use GG mags.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You bought  them from the fella with the big blue tubs full of mags ?   If so, he been up here to Dayton Ohio, and I seen them earlier this year/
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You bought  them from the fella with the big blue tubs full of mags ?   If so, he been up here to Dayton Ohio, and I seen them earlier this year/

All I remember is that they were still in the boxes. The dealer was out of NE TN. I posted his contact info for someone several months ago but I don't have it anymore. I bought two from him and lucked up on a couple locally at a much better price. I still had to pay Olympic Arms $25 each plus shipping to have them converted.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top