Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 8:36:03 PM EDT
Just wondering if there was any updates. Also I was given a "hint" of info from an owner of a company who might be in the know on something like this that said there is a company who is making .22lr hi-caps for ALL AR-15 conversions. Anyone have any other info they'd like to pass along?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#1]
there was an ongoing thread with promises but it never really amounted to anything.
i gave up long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just wondering if there was any updates. Also I was given a "hint" of info from an owner of a company who might be in the know on something like this that said there is a company who is making .22lr hi-caps for ALL AR-15 conversions. Anyone have any other info they'd like to pass along?

It looks as though you are the one that has info to share.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
From the DPMS board in the Industry section of AR15.com

Quoted:
I Hope to have a word for you by Sept 15th

Dustin

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dustin

wasnt that said a few times with edited date?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dustin

wasnt that said a few times with edited date?

Maybe in that one thread, but thats from a new one. And I'm holding them to it. If I don't hear something on the 15th, DPMS can suck a nut and will never ever get my money for anything ever again as they will have shown beyond a doubt that they can't communicate honestly with their customer base. It's been over a year since they said it was in the works, and we have been hearing we'll have a prototype byX date and then the day comes and goes and nothing from DPMS. I know you were in on that last big thread that was eventualy locked as "run it's course". So were many others. Were all sick of the shit, but I also don't want to spend the money on  a Cenier kit because I think the mags are horribly overpriced for 30rd mags, and 30rd mags are a must for me. So if I have to I'll pay out the ass to get them if DPMS can't get their shit together and communicate truthfuly with it's customers and get out this product that has spent way to much time in the works.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#6]
in the other thread it was more word on X day
when X day came it will be shortly we have prototype
when asked about prototype was given statement, more word on X day

..................................................................................................................................
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And I'm holding them to it. If I don't hear something on the 15th, DPMS can suck a nut and will never ever get my money for anything ever again...I also don't want to spend the money on  a Cenier kit because I think the mags are horribly overpriced for 30rd mags, and 30rd mags are a must for me.

Sorry to hear of your problem. I've been enjoying my DPMS M4 .22 (and its three magazines) for well over a year now while you've been missing out. A Ciener isn't going to give you the kind of accuracy the DPMS has but if all you want is a "lead hose" that might not be important to you. The Butler Creek Hot Lips hi-caps for the 10/22 are pretty cheap and work sorta well so maybe a 10/22 and a bunch of those would better meet your needs.

I like hicaps as much as the next guy and if DPMS ever unasses some, I'll prolly buy a few if the price isn't too dear. But I cannot come up with one single scenario where I would absolutely vitally NEED 30 rounds of nonstop .22LR firepower for anything. If I ever do, the 10/22 (and the Rhineland R22) stands ready. (Maybe a rat invasion.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And I'm holding them to it. If I don't hear something on the 15th, DPMS can suck a nut and will never ever get my money for anything ever again...I also don't want to spend the money on  a Cenier kit because I think the mags are horribly overpriced for 30rd mags, and 30rd mags are a must for me.

Sorry to hear of your problem. I've been enjoying my DPMS M4 .22 (and its three magazines) for well over a year now while you've been missing out. A Ciener isn't going to give you the kind of accuracy the DPMS has but if all you want is a "lead hose" that might not be important to you. The Butler Creek Hot Lips hi-caps for the 10/22 are pretty cheap and work sorta well so maybe a 10/22 and a bunch of those would better meet your needs.

I like hicaps as much as the next guy and if DPMS ever unasses some, I'll prolly buy a few if the price isn't too dear. But I cannot come up with one single scenario where I would absolutely vitally NEED 30 rounds of nonstop .22LR firepower for anything. If I ever do, the 10/22 (and the Rhineland R22) stands ready. (Maybe a rat invasion.)

Well since my guns primary use is as a defensive weapon, I require that I have access to 30rd mags in .22lr for those days when I want to practice on the cheap. So unlike most people, I actually plan to use my .22 coversion so I can work on my skills, not just for plinking fun and small game hunting, both of which it will be used for, but the primary is to save some cash on 5.56mm ammo by practicing with the .22.

Also my AR with a cenier kit(which is on loan to me) is just as accurate as the one DPMS complete .22lr AR I've had the pleasure to shoot. So really the accurecy thing isn't an issue. I can also shoot the 60gr Aguila subsonics out of my AR with a .22 conversion, something that can't be done with the DPMS dedicated upper as the twist is not compatable with that round. DPMS has shown a great lack of communication skills when it comes to this whole issue. I'd rather hear I don't know, or I'm not sure or I can't tell you for sure, then I'll tell you this day and then have that day come and go with no word. They have been dicking us around for over a year on these. So in the end, if they can't be straight with us, why the hell should we spend money with them??
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well since my guns primary use is as a defensive weapon, I require that I have access to 30rd mags in .22lr for those days when I want to practice on the cheap. So unlike most people, I actually plan to use my .22 coversion so I can work on my skills, not just for plinking fun and small game hunting, both of which it will be used for, but the primary is to save some cash on 5.56mm ammo by practicing with the .22.

Me too, and I get along just fine with the 10 rounders. What sort of defensive "skills" are you practicing that you must have 30 rounds nonstop? Are you missing a lot?

If shooting the SSS 60s is important to you, just get a Ciener and shove it in your 1:9 AR and be done with it. You can get a Ciener and two or three of your 30 round lead dispensers for what a DPMS upper will cost you (and prolly a couple bricks of cheap Walmart ammo too).
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too, and I get along just fine with the 10 rounders. What sort of defensive "skills" are you practicing that you must have 30 rounds nonstop? Are you missing a lot?

If shooting the SSS 60s is important to you, just get a Ciener and shove it in your 1:9 AR and be done with it. You can get a Ciener and two or three of your 30 round lead dispensers for what a DPMS upper will cost you (and prolly a couple bricks of cheap Walmart ammo too).

What am I practicing that I need 30rds?? The same thing I'm practicing when I'm using 5.56 in 30rd mags. Thats whay the need for 30 round mags. Honestly if you have to ask, then I doubt you understand. I practice those skills and drills that I have learned in classes. It doesn't do me any good to work those skills 10rds at a time. The mags have to be the same capacity. Working NSR drills with 10rd mags is not productive at all, you will spend more time reloading the damn mags then working the drills.

I could care less about the full uppers in .22lr. I'm just getting the DPMS conversion, but not untill they have 30rd mags, and then only if DPMS' "sept 15th" date on info holds up and there is something substantial there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I could care less about the full uppers in .22lr. I'm just getting the DPMS conversion, but not untill they have 30rd mags, and then only if DPMS' "sept 15th" date on info holds up and there is something substantial there.

Then just forget the DPMS, buy the Ciener and its 30 round mags, quit whining, and get on with your life. And good luck with those 30-round "skills."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then just forget the DPMS, buy the Ciener and its 30 round mags, quit whining, and get on with your life. And good luck with those 30-round "skills."

Damn you seem to be a little upset because DPMS sucks ass atr times.  What you got a stake in them or something. As pointed out I don't really want the cenier kit as mags for it are way over priced IMO. Also you come off as having no clue about fighting with a gun. Now I could be wrong about that but you come off like you have absolutly no clue, oteherwise you'd see the importance of having 30rd mags to practice with. It comes down to the whole Train as you fight, fight as you train. As I said my AR's primary use is personal protection, I carry 30rd mags with it. There for practiceing my skills using 30rd mags is a must, a 10rd nutered mag won't cut it. It may be fine for plinking, and hunting, but it is totaly usless for training. Maybe when you get a clue, you will understand. until then.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Snake and Photoman, be cool guys. I'll feel bad having started this thread if it gets you two at eachother over why anyone needs 30 round mags for their .22lr. I had just heard a snippet of info and was wondering if anyone had heard the same or more concerning these things. At any rate if anyone is going to vent it shouldn't be about how and why these mags will be used but about how many promises (and evidently so little time) have been put into their production. I for one, regardless of how I plan on using them, was told BEFORE I purchased my upper that if and when the AWB sunset there would be hi-caps put out and then later saw that their was no plans to put them out after the AWB expired which was the comment that started the last thread. I was excited to see that they were in the "works" and now over a year later feel strung along.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:36:28 AM EDT
[#14]
10 vs 30:
Loading 10 rounders all day is kind of a pain.  I don't know why I think that it wouls be better loading 30 rounders but it seems like it is more efficient to have the 30 round mag.  I currently have ciener 10 round mags.  In no way is it enough of a detraction to stop shooting the 22.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:03:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There for practiceing my skills using 30rd mags is a must, a 10rd nutered mag won't cut it. It may be fine for plinking, and hunting, but it is totaly usless for training. Maybe when you get a clue, you will understand.

Don't hate him just 'cuz he's not a MOSS member.  After his first Meltdown, he'd change his tune.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There for practiceing my skills using 30rd mags is a must, a 10rd nutered mag won't cut it. It may be fine for plinking, and hunting, but it is totaly usless for training. Maybe when you get a clue, you will understand.

Don't hate him just 'cuz he's not a MOSS member.  After his first Meltdown, he'd change his tune.

The meltdown is spesificly one of the drills I'd use the .22  for simply because the transition is the important part of that drill. I don't shoot it 30/30 anymore.  I start with 60/60 and sometimes will do 100/100  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#17]
All right, I'll bite, what's a MOSS meltdown? I'm a former military M16 instructor (up to and including full auto) and have been to a couple shooting schools myself, and am in touch with several of the nation's best instructors (and some other serious people), and I've never heard of it. I tried googling it but all that gave me was a bunch of fantasy football stuff.

Whatever it is, if you're going to use anybody's 30 round .22 mags for it, I hope it includes some stoppage drills (IAD).  You're prolly gonna need 'em.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#18]
If you really want to train with a low cost round, high capacity mags and slightly more recoil than .22LR, there's always
...wait for it...
...almost there...
...right around the corner...
AIRSOFT.22LR is a plinking round, not a training round.  If you really want to talk the talk, then walk the walk too.  Train with what you intend to fight with.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I heard the prototype should be tested and possibly displayed on th 15th...
I, for one, believe my source and look forward to it...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#20]
So long as your source isn't DPMS I'll show some trust in it too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I heard the prototype should be tested and possibly displayed on th 15th...
I, for one, believe my source and look forward to it...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll prolly buy one or two, if they work and I can afford them. My kid will love them (he's 15). But I've been getting along just fine with the 10-rounders for over a year, and don't feel like I'm missing anything at all without the bigguns.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#22]
A quick heads-up. DPMS posted pics of their latest protoype of the hi-cap 30rd .22lr mag with a releast date of Oct. 1. You can check it out here: DPMS .22lr Hi-Cap Mags
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#23]

END QUOTE

I don't buy it. There is no benefit to having 30 round mags for self defense training. Your better off with less capacity mags so you get better at weapon manipulation from reloading. Your not likely to have a need to fire 30 rounds strait in a self defense situation so training that way makes little sense. 30 round mags would be nice for fun at the range but they are not a training necessatiy.
Pat
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top