Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:01:47 PM EDT
Howdy all.  Today I ordered my 9mm conversion.  It is being built on a STAG lower that I already have laying around.

RRA A3 9mm Complete upper (RB Precision)
RRA 9mm buffer (RB Precision)
9mm hammer (already had)
RRA  6POS stock (RBPrecision)
VM HY Tech mag block (Brownells)

I can't wait to get it all.  Now, where can I buy decent UZI mags, and how much should I expect to pay for them?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at Uzitalk for mag sources of the week, but the most common is DS Arms, Coles, Ammunition Store, D&D.   Price will only vary a couple dollars, so just order close to home.

A couple of the places have been 10 for $80, average price for 35's is around $11-14.

If you at Millers sunday, look me up, I'll have my 9mm upper with me, you can look at mine and shoot it.

EDIT -- Forgot,  go to LOWES and get you a  1/8 x 3/4 roll pin, and file it to length, as you will most likely have problems with your RRA bolt...  I'll have to try to remember to bring tools now...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]
adcofirearms sell converted uzi mags
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
adcofirearms sell converted uzi mags

I don't need the converted mags, just regular UZI mags.  With the block I got, I can use straight UZI magazines.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe Tapco was selling some for a while.

Phil, at www.floridaammotraders.com  has a .50 cal can full of uzi mags.

You may want to give him a call on Monday to see if he'd be willing to let some go.... Most of the mags are 25 rnd capacity.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Look at Uzitalk for mag sources of the week, but the most common is DS Arms, Coles, Ammunition Store, D&D.   Price will only vary a couple dollars, so just order close to home.

A couple of the places have been 10 for $80, average price for 35's is around $11-14.

If you at Millers sunday, look me up, I'll have my 9mm upper with me, you can look at mine and shoot it.

EDIT -- Forgot,  go to LOWES and get you a  1/8 x 3/4 roll pin, and file it to length, as you will most likely have problems with your RRA bolt...  I'll have to try to remember to bring tools now...

What would I use this roll pin for?  Thanks for the offer of help, but the upper doesn't arrive until the 7th.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
When you receive your upper pull the bolt and you will see that RR does not use a roll pin. Some sort of rolled up sheet metal that will give you trouble.

GLG20  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top