Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:45:33 PM EDT
I have a Colt, model MT 6430, 9mm.  This rifle is considered a "post-ban" rifle and has no bayonet lug or flash supressor and a fixed A2 stock.  The rifle is in excellant condition.  
I am considering selling this rifle but I don't know what it is worth.  
I have been told that this rifle may be worth more then a "pre-ban" because there were very few of the "post ban" model made.  
Is this true?  Or is this rifle worth less than I "pre ban"?
I would appreciate someone letting me know what his rifle is worth.

Thanks in advance,
KW
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:04:24 AM EDT
[#1]
i have no idea what a limited qty colt would go for since i shoot my rifles and dont worry about collector's value

but in my point of view it would be worth way less than a pre-ban/no-ban.

the pre-bans would fetch a pretty penny more from those that are in states with existing bans that want the evil features.

the no-bans would be newer and have all the evil features.

if i were  to buy your rifle i would have to consider the cost to me to get the barrel threaded w/flashhider and replace the stock with something better.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a Colt, model MT 6430, 9mm.  This rifle is considered a "post-ban" rifle and has no bayonet lug or flash supressor and a fixed A2 stock.  The rifle is in excellant condition.  
I am considering selling this rifle but I don't know what it is worth.  
I have been told that this rifle may be worth more then a "pre-ban" because there were very few of the "post ban" model made.  
Is this true?  Or is this rifle worth less than I "pre ban"?
I would appreciate someone letting me know what his rifle is worth.

Thanks in advance,
KW

Do you have any pictures? I would like to see it if possible. Thanks. Also, how is the lower marked?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it's way too soon for it to be a "collectable", and for AR's I think it's more form over function.

You could probably find someone to give $800 or so for it, but probably lower. IMO of course, which is mostly useless. :)

Did it come with 10 round mags?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
quoting
""if i were to buy your rifle i would have to consider the cost to me to get the barrel threaded w/flashhider and replace the stock with something better.""
I had considered threading the barrel for a suppressor and replacing the stock.  But, a local guy told me I would kill the "value" of the rifle.  From what I am hearing here, "killing the value" may not be a concern.

quoting
""Did it come with 10 round mags?"

No, the rifle didn't come with a magazine.  I know the guy that bought the rifle new during the ban and there was no magazine in the box with the rifle when he purchased it.  I have a couple of Colt mags for it.

I do not have any pictures, nor do I have a digital camera.  I could try to borrow a camera and take some pictures of it.

The lower is marked:
Colt Target Match
LIGHTWEIGHT
CAL 9MM
Serial CNL 0018XX
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
neutered 9mm with no mags?

definately worth much less than current runs. imo

new production 6450's have all the evil features along with two 32rd mags.

the stock could be sold for more than a a2-a1 and the mags alone are at least $100 for both.
oh, and its new too.

just my 0.02
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Truthfully, now is probably not a good time to sell it. People can compare to a brand new 9mm with all the stuff for $1100-1200, and find yours lacking. Give it a year, and people will start looking at fixed stocks and such again. The threading will still hurt, but  there's plenty of folks that won't mind. I still don't see it going for more than  $800 myself, and that's probably highest end of it.

I'd have loved a 10 round mag though. :)

Another plus for your rifle, is if you found someone that didn't want an LE marked gun, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

If you wanted to trade for an AK (AMD) pistol, shoot me an email. :) I already have a 6450 though.

Just keep it, they're fun!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, if you want to sell it I would give you $700 sight unseen. You can keep your mags and sell them seperately to make a little more money. If you are interest Email me soon. I want to buy a 9mm NOWhanks
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
KW

In 1999 I purchased a new "post ban" Colt 6430 from a dealer at an Ohio gun show. The story that he gave me at that time was that Colt was only going to produce a very limited number of them. I figured that it was just a sales pitch. In 2003 I talked to a Colt dealer who said that those guns were produced for Lew Horton. I went to Lew Hortons' web site and questioned them about this story. They answered that they did have Colt produce a special run of these and that there were approximately 200 produced. I know I'll keep mine.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top