Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2005 7:55:26 PM EDT
for the Oly .45 upper??

TIA
modog
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells carries them.  Here's the link.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=21676&title=AR-15%2fCAV-15+MAGAZINE+ADAPTERS

CAV-15 Grease Gun Adapter allows the use of M3/M3A1 magazines with your Olympic Arms .45 ACP upper conversion. Fits only the Cavalry Arms CAV-15 MKII lower receiver. Adapters are not designed for bolt hold-open operation.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry - I wanted to use a standard lower.  Is that not possible?  I thought Oly made some complete .45s using standard lowers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC: no one currently mfg's mag well blocks for the Oly .45 uppers using a standard lower... except the ones Oly makes with a block welded on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I am currently building a mag-well conversion that accepts Grease Gun mags on a modified DPMS reciever.  My magwell can be set up for left or right hand mag-release.
http://bsumner.photosite.com/45CaliberARProject/Picture_001.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Please keep us informed on what you will want for one!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
eisman,

Is this a modified DPMS California Single Shot Lower Receiver or did you adapt your magazine well assembly to a standard AR lower?  It looks interesting and would give .45 guys another option than the current CavArms (either their current MKII lower or the new CAV-15AL) set up or using the single stack .45 Uzi magazines.  I am always for more marketplace competition.  I tend to believe that the more choices you have, the more better.

Keep us all informed.  Competition tends to bring forth innovation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes it is a DPMS California reciever. It is the only reciever out there that had the serial number in the right place to make the conversion. The magwell on my conversion is removable so you can swap it out for different pistol caliber mags.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:59:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yes it is a DPMS California reciever. It is the only reciever out there that had the serial number in the right place to make the conversion. The magwell on my conversion is removable so you can swap it out for different pistol caliber mags. hr

Removable, eh?  Well then....this can lead to all types of options.

Good Luck!
Bill
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top