Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 2:46:33 PM EDT
I am in the process of buying a RDIAS. Will this work with a RRA 9mm setup? I will be using the m16 hammer of course and not sure if I will need a special carrier or would the m16 carrier with 9mm bolt work fine?

What brand of block is RRA selling?

I would prefer a top load block, that uses factory mag release, and unmodified uzi mags. I do not care about bolt hold open. Any suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am in the process of buying a RDIAS. Will this work with a RRA 9mm setup? I will be using the m16 hammer of course and not sure if I will need a special carrier or would the m16 carrier with 9mm bolt work fine?

Yes, all current production 9mm bolts by whoever are Colt SMG spec in design.  Fit your sear and go with it. Have your bolt ramped by joeblack or Lee at LRM to smooth out the cycling

What brand of block is RRA selling?
My understanding is RRA is not selling blocks/stopped production.... They are of Colt spec by design, install from bottom.

I would prefer a top load block, that uses factory mag release  (ASA/HAHN) , and unmodified uzi mags (VM Hy-Tech)  You will have to decide what you want, Uzi mags need the mag catch slot cut in the mag body to duplicate the Colt mag for AR/M16 retention to the lower via AR/M16 mag catch-release .
I do not care about bolt hold open. Any suggestions.

EDIT- poor punctuation habits
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A RDAIS will work just fine. Have 9mm bolt ramped to save on lower pins. I usa a ASA block. It loads in from the top of the bottom receiver. Works well with UZI mags. No last round hold open on the ASA block. M-16 hammer will work.  I usa a h-buffer. The subgun buffer slows my gun to much. In the 9mm set up the carrier is called a bolt.  Most that are being made today are full auto.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the great input. Is Brownells the best source of asa blocks? I might give them a call and see if I can get a dealer account.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top