Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 7:33:34 PM EDT
Rumor from another thread is that RRA mag block is on permanent backorder....any news...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:46:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Story I heard from an RRA seller was that they had a single source for those, and they quit making them so they're looking for a new supplier.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Rumor from another thread is that RRA mag block is on permanent backorder....any news...

As an authorized RRA dealer, I've had 9mm conversion mag blocks on backorder with RRA for over 6 months.  I was told by RRA that they are having supplier problems and as of a few weeks ago the issues had not been resolved.  

I would recommend as an alternative you consider the Hahn Precision AR15 9mm conversion block.  I have had good sucess with them in the past.  Since I can't the RRA blocks I now stock the Hahn conversion blocks.  $180 for the bottom loading and $165 for the top loading.

Steve.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Are there any differences between the top loading and the bottom loading?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the bottom loading Hahn block and it will operate the bolt hold open, I read that the top loading one does not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Where can you purchase a HAHN precision block? I would like to support dealers on this board over brownells.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#7]
The difference besides the way they install is the top-loading block does not offer a last round bolt hold open, it is similar to the ASA block.

Steve.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered my 9mm mag block from RRA in May, and finally recieved it last week.  I had already ordered and recived a mag block off of gunbroker.com, so I think I am just going to sell this one (probably on gunbroker.com).  It is the top loading/non-bolt-hold-open design.

Peace
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top