Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 5:02:12 PM EDT
Hello,

I am thinking about buying a .45 ACP upper in the future and I wanted to know the outside diameter of the barrel.  I have a group buy going on for Smith Enterprises Vortex flash hiders as part of the .458 SOCOM group buy and wanted to know if there is enough barrel for a 5/8x24TPI threaded to be put on a .45 ACP.  If memory serves me right the .45 ACP shoots a bullet with a .452" diameter - if that's the case, there should be no problem what so ever, but I want to be sure!

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes there is plenty for barrel there for that, that is what oly threads their 45 barrels is 5/8 24.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top