Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 1:42:55 PM EDT
I have read the FAQ, and maybe I missed it.

It is my understanding that Colt, Rock River, and ASA all use the same design for Mags and Mag blocks?  Does that mean I could use Colt Mags in a Rock River or ASA upper without a block?

thank you

Richard
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Got to have some sort of "block" to take up the extra space of the std AR/M16 556 magwell to correctly locate the smaller space occupying 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
So does that mean the colt 9mm lower has a dif magwell, or that the colts come with a removeable block?

thank you

Richard
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
A Colt 9mm rifle will have a regular .223 magwell in which two mag well blocks are inserted and pinned in place to be (more or less) permanent.

Individuals who use their .223 lowers to create a 9mm rifle will generally use a removable-type block because they don't want to drill holes in the magwell area of their lowers.  These are held in place by the upper receiver (in the case of a drop in from the top block) or by spring-loaded detents (Crossfire) or angled set screws (Wilson two-piece) or by the .223 mag catch (Hy-tech?).  This is only a sampling- there are a lot of different systems out there.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top