Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 6:51:27 AM EDT
First off, I don't have a ramped bolt...I have a 9mm hammer in my Bushy lower for my RRA 9mm upper. I know the answer in reverse...what I mean is that I know you can't use the .223 hammer in the 9mm, but can you use the 9mm hammer with the .223 upper? Have I confused anyone yet?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, I know this doesnt answer your question but...The 9mm hammer is slightly shorter and has a more rounded face than the standard hammer. RRA seems to have two .223/5.56 bolt types out there,1 with a slight short ramp and one with a more M16ish ramp profile..If youve got the short type it may work,,,but with the M16ish ramp you may have problems with the hammer not recocking,,Also the 9mm ramp setup seems to be slightly offset to one side so the "short .223/5.56 bolt style" may have clearence problems. As a side note the RRA 2 stage hammer is even taller than the standard hammer so i dont think it will work without ramping...Anyway I have RRA 2 stages installed in all my lowers and they are a PITA to drive the pins in and out so i cant test the theory...So if you have a 5.56 upper i say put it on the 9mm lower and hand cycle, If that goes well give it a try.....Sorry i cant really answer your questions...............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#2]
That's still the best answer I've gotten...I figure I can just try it when I get home. The question just kinda popped in my head while sitting at my desk, so I thought I'd throw it out there....thank you.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Um its the only answer youve gotten...[lol]Like i said sorry i cant help more,Id try it myself for ya but those 2 stage pins are a pain.....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup...that was an attempt at humor...I'm funny, huh?

I just have the standard 9mm hammer from Model 1 sales...RRA was out at the time I ordered. I'll give 'er a go tonight. I think it is the slightly ramped bolt that you described...maybe there's a chance.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Bushmaster .223 lower, and numerious uppers includung 9MM(Dalphon). All the uppers work fine on this lower.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top