Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 6:57:50 PM EDT
Do any of you have a recommendation?  Do you think I should go for a 2 stage trigger?  
Bushy, DPMS, Rock River?  MEGA and build kit?

Too many choices...
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
two stage or light triggers will not reliably work in any of the conversions.  The rimfire firing pins are generally retarded by a spring and are not free floating.  One must have enough bump from the hammer to overcome the resistance of the spring.  Personally, Mine is in a stock Bushy Carbine lower.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Shootar,
You echo what I'd been told before.  I was just making sure.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Knight Trigger in my lower that gets used for just about everything.  I've yet to have any problem with it.  I've got a CLE AR22 upper.

Dan
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I also had an Armalite match trigger with a Kuehl Precision .22 upper and a Ceiner conversion unit....never any trouble.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm shooting a ceiner kit on top of an older Oly lower that has about a 4.5 lb trigger--no worries. I don't think stages or trigger weight are the real concern...more like hammer force/hammer spring force.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top