Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 3:14:03 PM EDT
I dropped off 47 sten mags to get refinished.  I paid $4 a magazine for thirty magazines to be taken apart cleaned, blasted and refinished.

I'll post how they turn out, but I'm confident they will be good.

Only downside is I am not interested in building a 9mm AR anymore.  I had wanted to buy a RDIAS for it, but now I am thinking I need a V-Match more.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad you changed your mind.

Knowing Derek, I am certain that every magazine will have a perfect finish.  If I were considering a 9mm AR I would take them off your hands, but funds are too tight now.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I had Azex do 20 sten's a while back... they look awesome.  You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the the input.  He showed me a .223 Fal while I was there, it was pure quality.

I really just need to suck it up and build the 9mm AR.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to do the same thing you were thinking about with my Oly 9mm; RDIAS, shorter barrel and some sort of can.  All I need to finish the project is 2 lbs of fifties.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=1537[/img]
This is what I'm starting with.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet.

I was thinking an UZI at first, but with the RDIAS AR, I can switch over to .223 and maybe one day get the shrike.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked the magazines up today, they are excellent.

he also does a Mac-11(?) conversion to take Sten Magazines.  Might be a neat combo.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top