Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt LE6920 or Colt AR6720

View Quote
For a first AR, these are two solid choices.   With a budget of $1,000 you have a lot to choose from but you won’t regret buying a Colt.

Also, wrap your brain around the idea of buying ammunition by the case (cough, SGAmmo).  You’ll shoot more often and save money in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't feel like going back but I'm sure you said you wanted a free-float that normally equates to a low profile gas block that is if you want the free float to cover it up and I don't know anyone who wants an exposed gas block. Therefore, recommending The colt 6920 is not a good recommendation because it is not a free-float. Actually, most of the recommendations on here are not equipped with a free-float. There is nothing wrong with PSA I would definitely look at their "Daily Deals". You can't beat some of their prices. You can go to their website and click on daily deals and they will usually have several uppers at really good prices and matching lowers to go with it. One thing to remember is that PSA's castle nut is always staked... When I first messing with their lowers I found out the hard way. Good luck and happy shooting
View Quote
You're wrong. Colt 6920 OEM2 is perfectly capable of being free floated and one of the best first ARs someone could buy. You get a proven and well documented rifle that is cheap and let's you choose what rail and stock you want without the added cost of buying a complete rifle with crap you'll swap out anyway.

PSA is fine if you want a cheapo range toy to plink with, I've owned four myself, but if you want something you can 100% count on when if you really need it and have decent accuracy then step up a notch or two in quality. PSA does a good job of getting ARs into new owners hands at an affordable price point but they are starter ARs.

For under a grand you can set up the OEM2 with the furniture you like and get a set of MBUS sights to get you by until you can afford an optic.

Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
FN DI rifle or spend a touch more and get a BCM Recce
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Windham Weaponry MPC
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Some great reading comprehension guys

I was in the same boat as you op 2 years ago, I was pretty knowledgeable about ars and would have liked to build one but a lower was not a option for me. Unfortunately all my preferred options like the aero rifles from brownells were sold out and with the election coming up I settled for a sport 2 for 550. I did however end up buying almost 300 dollars worth of geissele and alg along with the magpul bev and wrench a month later on during black friday. All of which i have proceeded to not use these last 2 years. If I had to do it again I would just buy a better ar.

Anyway here is some good deals

Stag with mlock for 519, more options available just look at the sales section, makes sure to choice Mid Length as well

Sport 2 for 470

IF you want to do some upgrading the aero oem rifles are great, dont forget brownells coupons
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]
my first ar was a colt 6920, second one was a colt 6920 oem 1. Either would be a solid choice and are under $1000. Want a basic carbine the 6920 is the way to go, want to customize it a bit get either a 6930 oem 1 or 2.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top