Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2020 9:37:25 PM EDT
So I was hanging out at my local gun store this past Saturday, and it had been picked clean.  I had no intention of buying another rifle just wanted to talk to my buddies who work there.  Noticed only 2 rifles left on the shelf a Ruger and unknown to me this ArmaLite.  It looked like a cheap basic rifle setting on the rack. Buddy said it had been there for weeks on consignment but had no interest.  Lots of new gun buyers wanted the “well known” brands.  I had to have it, the rifle feels like it is quality built and has a nice heavy chrome-lined barrel.  Condition was near unfired, or just test fired. Has the original manual, and chamber flag, but no magazine. BCG is marked and original. 16” barrel with mid-length gas. So for slightly more than what an M&P sport 2 is going for I went for it.  Not that I needed another rifle but I like the rollmark and the history behind the name.  Took it out back today and ran a mag through it on steel and it’s a great shooter and it probably could make some nice groups when I get a chance to put it on the bench.  Can’t find much about this exact model online, looks to be an early post ban model probably 2004.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice rifle. I shot an Armalite National Match rifle in DCM type competition for years circa 1996-2006 or so. Very accurate due to the free floated heavy bull barrel and excellent trigger. Still have the lower, but sold the upper several years ago after I stopped shooting DCM. All of the Armalites I have ever seen have been solid quality rifles, and great shooters. Sounds like you got a decent deal on your gun OP.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Mmmm
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 20” Armalite  M15 SPR.   It’s a tack driver and I love it.  

Looks like a solid little rifle you got.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two of those. First ARs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice rifle. I shot an Armalite National Match rifle in DCM type competition for years circa 1996-2006 or so. Very accurate due to the free floated heavy bull barrel and excellent trigger. Still have the lower, but sold the upper several years ago after I stopped shooting DCM. All of the Armalites I have ever seen have been solid quality rifles, and great shooters. Sounds like you got a decent deal on your gun OP.
View Quote

Thanks, I’m pretty pleased with it so far, what trips me out is how it was passed over for weeks. Fit and finish is great  Oh well, guess I win.  Its def a keeper.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have two of those. First ARs.
View Quote

Nice, I was in my early 20s when the ban was up and really wanted a Bushmaster or an Armalite but never had the coin.  Now you don’t see them often so I guess my time was now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
And a midlength as well, unless my eyes are deceiving me.

Good buy.  I shot one like it for years and then ended up switching out the upper receiver for an A4 version.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And a midlength as well, unless my eyes are deceiving me.

Good buy.  I shot one like it for years and then ended up switching out the upper receiver for an A4 version.
View Quote

Eyes are correct it’s a mid-length.  It’s a soft shooter for sure.  Only thing I may change is the furniture, not sure yet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice rifle. I've been looking for an Armalite lower receiver like that for an ex-LEO Armalite carbine upper I bought several years ago. Nobody seems to have them, and the current Armalite lower has just the name and no logo.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice.  My first AR.  Changed the A2 to a flat top, still have all the rest.  Still have it, will never sell.  

Mine was purchased in CA mid ban, pinned brake, pinned stock.  I have corrected those things.

I tried and failed to give away that A2 upper receiver. The junk bin receiver is now a 20" A2 clone with a Windham barrel.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice rifle, congratulations. I would have picked it up too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice rifle, everything you need, nothing you don't ;)
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I have 2 Armalite uppers to include a 16" mid length with no front sight.  The other is a 16" M4.  I also have an Armalite 16" mid length barrel I mounted on a DPMS A2 upper.  I had a DPMS lower and pinned them both together and put an A2 butt stock on the whole works.  I's a great rifle.   When Mark ran the company he made a pretty darn good rifle.  If the new Armalite can live up to it's former reputation they might survive the next down turn.

kwg
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep - love my Armalite.

Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice OP! Love clsssic A2s, @ban-hater
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Armalite makes/did a clean decent rifle. Dont let that one go OP.

Is Armalite still in buisness?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]
There's something oddly arousing about rifle length builds with collapsible stocks.

Carry handle upper, I just can't quit you!
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I currently have an Armalite lower on my M4gery.
I don't know whether to swap it out with a PSA M4a1 marked clone lowers or just build up another rifle.

Decisions...decisions....
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Armalite makes/did a clean decent rifle. Dont let that one go OP.

Is Armalite still in buisness?
View Quote

It’s a solid rifle for sure. They are still in business, however more modern(ish).  Logo has changed as well.  Not sure if the same company or just in name only.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:58:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It’s a solid rifle for sure. They are still in business, however more modern(ish).  Logo has changed as well.  Not sure if the same company or just in name only.
View Quote

The logo looks huge compared to the older one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#21]
My first AR was an Armalite A2 rifle length.  Shot a welcome to High Power match (for fun) with it and the kid spotter I was assigned couldn’t believe how a stock rifle could shoot so well.
One thing you notice is on the front of the magwell, there is the white paint “stamp” with three stars?  This indicates that indeed it was a product assembled/built at Armalite, and not a parts set.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks, I'm pretty pleased with it so far, what trips me out is how it was passed over for weeks. Fit and finish is great  Oh well, guess I win.  Its def a keeper.
View Quote
The first timers and the herd of panic buyers probably wouldn't appreciate it.

Good deal for you.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Beautiful! That's a great find.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I currently have an Armalite lower on my M4gery.
I don't know whether to swap it out with a PSA M4a1 marked clone lowers or just build up another rifle.

Decisions...decisions....
View Quote

I currently have a WTB ad in the EE looking for an Armalite lower if you're interested in selling.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:54:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So I was hanging out at my local gun store this past Saturday, and it had been picked clean.  I had no intention of buying another rifle just wanted to talk to my buddies who work there.  Noticed only 2 rifles left on the shelf a Ruger and unknown to me this ArmaLite.  It looked like a cheap basic rifle setting on the rack. Buddy said it had been there for weeks on consignment but had no interest.  Lots of new gun buyers wanted the “well known” brands.  I had to have it, the rifle feels like it is quality built and has a nice heavy chrome-lined barrel.  Condition was near unfired, or just test fired. Has the original manual, and chamber flag, but no magazine. BCG is marked and original. 16” barrel with mid-length gas. So for slightly more than what an M&P sport 2 is going for I went for it.  Not that I needed another rifle but I like the rollmark and the history behind the name.  Took it out back today and ran a mag through it on steel and it’s a great shooter and it probably could make some nice groups when I get a chance to put it on the bench.  Can’t find much about this exact model online, looks to be an early post ban model probably 2004.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259337/331F8DF2-608C-4E93-A544-5D0B721BCA96-1346054.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259337/22257F9B-D4D1-4225-8CD8-344E225DE91F-1346057.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259337/190978E5-E2C8-4B6D-ACB6-BB855BE7E947-1346064.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259337/E632D416-1ABC-4639-BC7A-4781F30D2288-1346073.jpg
View Quote

A midlength A2 Armalite, you did GOOD!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A midlength A2 Armalite, you did GOOD!!!
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#27]
LOL.

Of all the things to panic buy; this would be at the top of the list. Find it hard to believe it was one of two last guns left.

My first AR was an M16A2; 4+1 year love / hate relationship. =) So, of course when I got out, I bought an Armalite AR15A2 20 incher.

Never get rid of yours, it is a solid, basic, easy to use, easy to teach, useful rifle.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top