BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2012 6:09:33 AM EDT
I was going to buy the Adams Arms ,butt now am looking at the Osprey
I will be adding this conversoin to my 20" barrel
Has anyone used the Osprey in a rifle length?
Good ....Bad ?
Hank
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, I don't have the rifle length.  I have two mid-lengths and they have performed flawlessly for several thousand rounds each. I would not presume to beleive the rifle length would perform any differently.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have their rifle kit on a regular 20" Colt M16A2 upper, and it has been running fine in semi and full auto, both suppressed (Surefire 556FA can) and unsuppressed for over a year. The standard A2 rifle buffer and spring has been fine.

I would point out that the handguards that came with the kit I received did not join together and had a huge gap between their upper and lower sections. They also seemed too big around for my taste. I would recommend either modifying some A2 handguards (which is what I did, to keep the original A2 look) or going with an already compatible set, or one like the MOE which can be easily modified to work.

I also have their carbine kit running fine on a 10.3" Daniel Defense upper with a Levang comp, but I did need to try a few spring tension and buffer weight combos to dial it in for reliable function on full auto.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 1:51:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine runs fine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#5]
i have run the carbine length on 16", 14.5" and currently 11.5" all run fine but had to get a standard buffer and open the gas port some to run cheap ammo on the 11.5"

14.5 and 16" I was able to run a h2 buffer with cheap ammo, these barrels had fixed front sights
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top