Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 11:50:37 AM EDT
I'm thinking of making an XM177-ish clone. I have an old Colt Sp1 (preban, CT, bullshit, yadda yadda yadda), but the lower is a slab side. Were there any XM177's with a slab side lower?

TIA.

-P
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the XM177 E1's were partial fence (early) and full fence (late), and the E2's were full fence.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
According to Retro Black Rifle , even the original XM177 used a partial-fence lower.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
No, only model 601 and 602 rifles had slabside lowers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I built one like that with a black NDS 601 lower and a surplus black 604 upper. You could always say its an Air force or field mod.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I built one like that with a black NDS 601 lower and a surplus black 604 upper. You could always say its an Air force or field mod.
View Quote
Not worth bastardizing a SP1 for a project like this. If it is an original SP1, send it to me and I will take care of it and protect it from being butchered by anyone.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not worth bastardizing a SP1 for a project like this. If it is an original SP1, send it to me and I will take care of it and protect it from being butchered by anyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gimme a break! I live in CT and we have to make due! Besides, I'd probably treat it like a Barbie gun anyway. SBR it, but keep all the original components and swap 'em out if I felt like shooting the 20".
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top