Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 1:27:27 PM EDT
Today I received back from our very own John Thomas the following:

It started life unfinished in the white back in  the late 60's/early70's, it found it's way along with 3 other barrels
to the home of a Colt employee.

Said Colt employee sometime after sold off parts to my connection who after 20 years began his own housecleaning & was down to his last when I came in.

Finally completed:

Barrel Nut/HG Retainer/Mount FSB/Swivel & Park

The pictures do not do it justice & his attention to detail is 2nd to none!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
He does really nice work..Is the washer missing?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He does really nice work..Is the washer missing?
View Quote

Yep,
Still need one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2rgoqdw.jpg

It started life unfinished in the white back in  the late 60's/early70's, it found it's way along with 3 other barrels

Said Colt employee sometime after sold off parts to my connection who after 20 years began his own housecleaning & was down to his last when I came in.

Finally completed:

View Quote

I couldn't agree with OP more.  But really disappointed to find out from JT recently that he no longer does anodizing
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
was it stamped at the factory?  gas port and barrel extension originally installed?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I couldn't agree with OP more.  But really disappointed to find out from JT recently that he no longer does anodizing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally completed:

well there ya go.......a perfectly good business venture to take over. A good customer base already in place with plenty of work to send your way. Seriously, someone should consider it. I'd like to learn the anodizing process, but I don't even have the time to do all the retro parts I'd like to be able to machine. I know I have parts that need anodizing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally completed:

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
was it stamped at the factory?  gas port and barrel extension originally installed?
View Quote

Barrel has no markings on it,gas port & extension were in place.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top