Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 5:51:00 PM EDT
Hey guys.
I was in here a few months back, asking a few questions about the A1s.
I learned a great deal from y'all, and bookmarked a lot of links.
Well, I got interested in the A1s again, and lo and behold, I can't find the damn kits anywhere.

Anyone got any leads for a A1 upper or a parts kit?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw a couple on GB not to long ago.  Think the wholsalers are dry.  The one's I saw had definately gone up in price, almost to a not worthwhile amount in my opinion.  Cheaper just to buy the parts off the EE.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]
A constant problem with retro rifles. I try to buy what's around right away and figure out what to do with it later.

The upper receiver is easy. Check the EE, look for Landman303 (can't recall if that's his correct screen name) he had A1 upper receivers last I spoke to him. The barrel can be tricky. If you find a source let us know.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are interested I go to a local surplus store that sells complete uppers for around $325. I don't know if you could order because I always go in person but there number is (812) 825-9220 if you want to give them a call.  It is called Traildust army navy surplus in Bloomington, IN.  The uppers I have seen have been nice.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top