Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2012 12:22:44 AM EDT
its for my retro build. just need a carrier group that looks correct. prefer that green Colt look.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:21:37 AM EDT
[#1]

EE, Gunbroker, etc

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#2]
none on right now
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Place a WTB ad.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#4]
For those who know, are there any differences between a late M16A1 carrier and a current Colt full auto carrier? I know the earlier ones had round (or square) staking and a large retaining pin hole, but my late A1 carrier looks just like any new carrier.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Im sure someone on the EE is selling them, just place an AD there.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For those who know, are there any differences between a late M16A1 carrier and a current Colt full auto carrier? I know the earlier ones had round (or square) staking and a large retaining pin hole, but my late A1 carrier looks just like any new carrier.

i dont want a black one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's a photo of my original M16A1 carrier (the one on the top). It's the same color as my newer ones, and it's definitely not grey.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
All the J marked carriers I've seen were greenish grey.  Try the WTB as stated above.  It's retro you're after so have patience.  Not much more retro than Colt but all of mine look pretty dark and Colt sells them NIW for $179.95.  Contact member Snipertweg think most of his are slickside but he may have something laying around and possibly member Landman303.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#9]
One in this group is current issue, two are from kits made in the 1970's can you tell the difference ?

I can't ?

All three are COLT with C on the carrier and MPC on the bolt.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One in this group is current issue, two are from kits made in the 1970's can you tell the difference ?

I can't ?

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk211/alfred1958/100_0983.jpg

I'll play along.
The one in the foreground is the current one. It has the new style wide staking on the cap bolts. Unlike the two other that has staking made by a pointed punch.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
all the sp1s we have are not black and they are all Colt. were the sp1s parked differamt then the m16s. I know the sp1 is semi  and m16 are full auto BCs
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#12]
My NOS M16A1 upper came with a BCG.  It is black as the ace of spades.
I think you are worrying about something that need not be worried about.
Moon
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#13]
all the sp1s we have are not black and they are all Colt. were the sp1s parked differamt then the m16s. I know the sp1 is semi and m16 are full auto BCs

I'd personally be surprised if Colt actually manufactured any of them and my guess would be different contractors.  We know they are different specs.  Assembled parts by Colt would probably be more like it in reality.  That's why many vendors advertise their's as the same identical milspec parts as Colt.  Only Colt has the C.  Still should be able to find what yor're looking for.  I bought a few of the low to no miles from Apex that were pretty dark. If you really want a retro buy a chrome Colt.  They are about as retro as it gets and should last your lifetime anyway.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Has the OP found his BCG yet?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#15]
ya chromes a little to retro for my retro but im using a a2 lower at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has the OP found his BCG yet?

no but it wont be till the 12th that ill have money anyway
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't ?

I'll play along.
The one in the foreground is the current one. It has the new style wide staking on the cap bolts. Unlike the two other that has staking made by a pointed punch.

Nice try the one with the wide staking came off a 70's kit from Guns & things.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't ?

I'll play along.

It is the middle one...(if it really is a current issue for the last ten years or so.)

On the left cotter pin side, about 1/8" behind the pin hole, there is a little ridge on the side of the carrier and a ridge on the right side of the Bolt carrier as well. ...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't ?

I'll play along.

It is the middle one...(if it really is a current issue for the last ten years or so.)

On the left cotter pin side, about 1/8" behind the pin hole, there is a little ridge on the side of the carrier and a ridge on the right side of the Bolt carrier as well. ...

It is the middle one.

I got it from GunBroker, it came from a M4 kit, and I still can't figure out how you can tell ?

I can't tell Bro, they all three look the same to me ?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#20]
As stated it's the small ridge behind the carrier key.  See how the others are smooth there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:34:50 AM EDT
[#21]
i have never noticed ny being green.  the cotter pin hole on the ejection port side is bigger than the current manufacure. all of mine are a dark black park.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top