Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2010 12:40:22 PM EDT
Just wanted to show it off because I FINALLY got around to getting it back together. Bought an ND-601 blem lower awhile ago (with the raised "plus") and took apart my SP1 lower to put the NDS together. Couldn't find the 601 pin that I had so I finally broke down and bought one from Jerrell. So it's finally together and ready to go. ONLY thing I need is an original left side handguard But anyways, enjoy.

I had forgotten how much I love this rifle. It's so damn light, even with a full mag! I'm considering doing an XM177E1 or XM16E1 when I have the money. Not sure.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!!! What's your barrel marking?
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!! Congrats on the finish!
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful rifle, beautiful job!, another "green meanie" joins the club!,, congrats!
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
That is one nice rifle.I'm very jealous.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Waffles!
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking good Blanco.

Glad to see you finally bought a NDS lower, did not know you had til just now. Last I knew you were still using the SP1 lower.

Keep you head up & eyes open for the left HG, you'll get one someday. I know you have been looking for one for forever & a day (longer than I was for my right), but it'll eventually come around. The left side seems to be the hardest to find from what I have seen, & I'm still on the hunt for one for you.

If it were me (& I was able to have a SBR, like you are) I would build a XM177E1.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys I've had this one for a long time, just used to be on a Colt SP1 lower. I built this back before 601s were cool And yet all these new people coming in are finding cheap left handguards like nothing and I still haven't found one in probably 3-4 years

Need some waffle mags, for sure. Just don't have ANY money right now, or else I'd get one and go on a hunt for a handguard.

The barrel is marked "M1" at 12 o' clock about an inch forward of the FSB. I assume it's 1/12 twist, correct? Can't remember. The upper is all original, except the left HG, though.  Original CH and BCG as well. Most of the lower parts except the mag catch, trigger guard, and front pin are Colt as well.

ETA: Looks like the sun is out a bit more and the grass is probably dried from the rain earlier so I'll snap a couple better pics. Stand by.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looking good Blanco.

Glad to see you finally bought a NDS lower, did not know you had til just now. Last I knew you were still using the SP1 lower.

Keep you head up & eyes open for the left HG, you'll get one someday. I know you have been looking for one for forever & a day (longer than I was for my right), but it'll eventually come around. The left side seems to be the hardest to find from what I have seen, & I'm still on the hunt for one for you.

If it were me (& I was able to have a SBR, like you are) I would build a XM177E1.

Thanks! Yeah, I still have the SP1 lower. Debating whether to keep it and build a rifle out of it or sell it.

Yeah, still been looking. I think once I get back from Army AIT then I'll have the money to drop on a 'guard. May do that. And I really appreciate you helping me look!

Thinking about it. Only thing is that I already have an 11.5" SBR'ed AR. It's an A4 but still. Just not sure yet.

More pics!

Here's a crappy pic of the M1 marking:

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks Good as soon as I figure out how to post pics for mine I will
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
IIRC the M1 stamping is a 1/14 twist marking, according to Ekie's guide. Somebody correct me if I am wrong please.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
IIRC the M1 stamping is a 1/14 twist marking, according to Ekie's guide. Somebody correct me if I am wrong please.

Just looked and it looks like you're right! Awesome! All this time I thought it was a later 1/12 upper.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Outstanding looking rifle!
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Diablo,

Beautiful rifle man!  Congrats!

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just looked and it looks like you're right! Awesome! All this time I thought it was a later 1/12 upper.

No,no,no.Ekie is wrong,,that M1 stamp is my marking,that barrel belongs to me! I've been wondering where the heck it went.Please send her on back,I'll even reimburse the postage
Definate 1/14 barrel......Very nice.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool looking rifle!  I wish I had a left hand hand guard to give to you.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top