Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:22:22 PM EDT
I came across a deal on wolf ammo. I heard a rumor it would hurt my rifle, is that so?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no less than 27,479 threads on this subject in the ammo forum.
I'd try there.  (In short, no.   But there are some caveats)
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You're going to get a lot of folks tell you there's no problem, but... I won't use it in my SP1.

Actully, I don't use it in any of my ARs.   I feed it to the rasheed and sks though.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I've run a lot of Wolf through one of my AR's. The only real world problem(not just internet rumor)that I have ever had is that the laquer coating on the steel cased Wolf will leave a residue that is not present with brass cased ammo because of the laquer basically melting in the chamber(only when I shot a lot fairly rapidly),causing extraction problems. It is easy enough to clean out of the chamber with standard cleaning practice. So I personally would say, shoot away!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:24:39 AM EDT
[#5]
No it will not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
yes it will!!!

don't buy it

Leave some for us.

WOLF IS BAD!!!!

TXL
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's blasphemy to shoot communist ammo in a fine vintage American rifle. That's like putting mayo on french fries.

WWJWD?

what would
John
Wanye
do

The dutch are a big fan of french fries.  One of the sauces is actually mayo and my favorite is cheese!  Now go back to making my A1 lowers!  haha  j/k
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top