Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2008 8:44:19 PM EDT
I managed to stay away from all the A1 uppers (including a nice H&R) , but I got nailed by a small fee
Now I gotta build an XM177e2 . Dagnabbit.
Picked up this set of semi-shiney six hole handguards for $15. Started to walk away from them but couldn't resist.
I doubt they're Colt... but they'll fit the part.

Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice handguards. I too have the same affliction, a set of six-holers was given to me and sub-consciously I have started collecting little odds and ends to start an XM-177 build as well..
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
*Whew*

Glad to know I'm not alone in this
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
...set of semi-shiney six hole handguards...
I doubt they're Colt...

Do *all* genuine 6-hole handguards have the double shield, like yours???  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do *all* genuine 6-hole handguards have the double shield, like yours???  

That first ring you're seeing in his pic is not metal, its just a mold line in the handguard. Given the lighting it does look like a second shield. If Colt or not, compare the heat shields to the one in Ekie's carbine guide.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That first ring you're seeing in his pic is not metal, its just a mold line in the handguard. Given the lighting it does look like a second shield. If Colt or not, copare the heat shields to the one in Ekie's carbine guide.

Hrm. Looks like they're Colt after all. They're identical to Ekie's picture.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hrm. Looks like they're Colt after all. They're identical to Ekie's picture.

I figured they were. Mine have the same mold mark, whereas my Bushmasters do not. Good luck on the build. I just finished a M16A4 clone because a friend had an extra KAC M5 RAS he would sell me. And to think most guys start with a lower. :)
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was just remarking last night how one part can turn into a whole rifle build.

Tell me about it! I keep a spare LPK, BCG, and various other small parts for every AR I own. And like a freaky scary movie, said parts are always "calling me" to be assembled. And sadly to say, I have grown weak a few times and allowed the parts to talk me into finding a host for them to be assembled.

I guess the equivalent would to be a crack head doing court appointed rehab in a crack house.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was just remarking last night how one part can turn into a whole rifle build.

Tell me about it! I keep a spare LPK, BCG, and various other small parts for every AR I own. And like a freaky scary movie, said parts are always "calling me" to be assembled. And sadly to say, I have grown weak a few times and allowed the parts to talk me into finding a host for them to be assembled.

I guess the equivalent would to be a crack head doing court appointed rehab in a crack house.  

That's pretty funny stuff, alright.

You know you have it bad, when you see a crush washer and plan an XM-177 Retro build out of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Aye. We retro guys have the BRD hard. And the general fellows think we're lunatics.

Like I said in another post recently, I sold my entire collection. Every last bit.  And now I'm bit all over again.
Though I wouldn't mind it all right now if I just had my two position Colt stock back....
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top