Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 7:58:47 PM EDT
Notice the Pony logo instead of the COLT logo.  Also that it says "W. Germany".

Anyone have an idea of a manufacturing date and/or value?

The sheath is green and also says "W. Germany" on it.

Thanks...

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Eickhorn Production  M7 Bayonet , probably an overrun since judging from the sheath, since mine has a USGI M8A1 sheath with it. All the Colt Marked M7's were produced by Eickhorn, good quality knives and at one time they fetched a better price than they do now. It will make a nice addition to your collection  Enjoy
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Eickhorn Production  M7 Bayonet , probably an overrun since judging from the sheath, since mine has a USGI M8A1 sheath with it. All the Colt Marked M7's were produced by Eickhorn, good quality knives and at one time they fetched a better price than they do now. It will make a nice addition to your collection  Enjoy

Thanks for the thoughts.  I googled on the markings, came up with several comments about made in USA versions with the same logo, but only 1 hit on W. Germany marked ones that someone had for sale many years ago.

Any idea on a manufacturing date?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Judging from the roll mark on the blade  I would guess 1970's to early 1980's . The later production ones had the Colt with the stylized C and no prancing pony. The only US made versions I know about are the Colt Armalite marked ones which are a bit on the rare side. I am not talking about the rubber handle early AR15 bayonet. I am talking about M7's. I have one but I am currently not at home so I can not take pics. When I get home in a couple of months I will try and take some pics so you have a better idea. I have 5 of those Colt Marked Eickhorn models and they are nice pieces.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm beginning to hate coming to this Forum. It seems like about twice a week I learn about something else I need to watch for at the gun shows. 20 round canvas ammo pouches and now Colt marked bayonets. I think I need to make a shopping list.

Doc
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top