Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 10:18:31 PM EDT
How many of you have installed a Splitfix, on your SBA3 brace? Did you have any problems installing it? If possible, could you post a few photos, of both sides?
TIA
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Had them on both of my SBA3 but then I sold them. Switched to the SBA4 on all my AR pistols and put the replacement strap on them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I also replaced all my SBA3's with SBA4's but with that said, I absolutely loved the upgrade the Splitfix provides to the SBA3. It's a great product and easy to install. I would recommend looking up the video The Wiseman Co. put up on YouTube to help with the install.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I could never get the top part to thread so just went around the loop. It works well however.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
So, it doesn't thread through the side slots in the brace, like the strap that comes on the SBA3?
Threading the Splifix through the top sling loop was a bitch.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#5]
No problem installing.

ETA:

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Clint50:
So, it doesn't thread through the side slots in the brace, like the strap that comes on the SBA3? 
Threading the Splifix through the top sling loop was a bitch.
View Quote

Just spend a few minutes working with it. It'll fit just like the original. That top loop is a bitch, until you figure out how to do it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M90A1:

Just spend a few minutes working with it. It'll fit just like the original. That top loop is a bitch, until you figure out how to do it.
View Quote

This, you gotta wiggle/muscle it through but it goes eventually
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:

This, you gotta wiggle/muscle it through but it goes eventually
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:
Originally Posted By M90A1:

Just spend a few minutes working with it. It'll fit just like the original. That top loop is a bitch, until you figure out how to do it.

This, you gotta wiggle/muscle it through but it goes eventually

Start with the corner, it will go through.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#9]
So, it doesn't thread through the side slots in the brace, like the strap that comes on the SBA3? 
Threading the Splifix through the top sling loop was a bitch.
View Quote

Just pull it at an angle and don’t be nice about it. It’s a strong piece of nylon, you don’t have to be gentle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I just undo the existing vecro, wrap another piece of velcro around the split (used Dotz cable organizer vecro strap) then reattach the stock velcro.  Works great.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#11]
works great as intended. a bit of a bitch to put on but easy enough. video on the website.

black multicam is the most tacticalist one.

does anyone know if SBA3 braces are sold without the buffer tube? just the plastic brace? i could use another.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I had them on a couple of my SBA3s but in the end I got rid of them because I actually prefer just rolling the ends up into the brace.  It has the same effect of stiffening the brace while also having a smaller, more compact footprint.

Not my photo, but same idea:

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By duhflushtech:
I had them on a couple of my SBA3s but in the end I got rid of them because I actually prefer just rolling the ends up into the brace.  It has the same effect of stiffening the brace while also having a smaller, more compact footprint.

Not my photo, but same idea:

https://i.imgur.com/YQY0ZSi.jpg
View Quote

This is what i do.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Thrown_hammer:

This is what i do.
View Quote

I was just going to post that I had a Split Fix and switched to the tuck mod.  I also like that it make the the stock more low profile.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the Tuck Mod idea. I did it to my SBA3 tonight and really it, better.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By humahuma:  does anyone know if SBA3 braces are sold without the buffer tube? just the plastic brace? i could use another.
View Quote

Yes, you can purchase SBA3's without the tube.  https://www.righttobear.com/product-p/sba3-01-sb-nt-bulk.htm
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#17]
here is the video from youtube took me all of ten minutes to do two of them and I did run them threw the slots in the brace and really like how they stiffen the brace up. sorry didnt take any pics
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:12:50 AM EDT
[#18]
SBA3 Brace Split Fix Upgrade | Wise Men Company

Split Fit install...so easy a caveman can do it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yc8a4Xi5Yw

Split Fit install...so easy a caveman can do it.
View Quote
Unga Bunga. I should have watched that first. I was worried it would tear so I did not do the top part.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:32:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Yes, you can purchase SBA3's without the tube.  https://www.righttobear.com/product-p/sba3-01-sb-nt-bulk.htm
View Quote

I've found it with the tube for cheaper elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I got one a few weeks ago and really like.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Xhado:

I've found it with the tube for cheaper elsewhere.
View Quote

The usual places I buy from, were sold out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had them on a couple of my SBA3s but in the end I got rid of them because I actually prefer just rolling the ends up into the brace.  It has the same effect of stiffening the brace while also having a smaller, more compact footprint.

Not my photo, but same idea:

https://i.imgur.com/YQY0ZSi.jpg
View Quote
This is what I do too. Might be nice to get a color matched strap.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:44:54 AM EDT
[#25]
My split fix was buying the tailhook mod 2. It is hard plastic like a stock, and no straps to dick around with.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Watch the video of how to install it and its easy.  They work great SB tactical should just copy the idea and include it from the factory.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top