Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2011 6:59:33 PM EDT
I'm looking at finally putting together an AR Pistol.  Right now I'm looking to buy a complete kit to go with my lower and will later modify it when I have more money.

So far the two I like most for the money is the Model 1 Sales 7 1/2 pistol kit:  http://model1sales.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=240

And the KB MFG Pistol Kit:  http://kb-mfg.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_26&products_id=123

Right now I'm leaning towards the KB MFG kit since it comes with a low profile gas block and it about $40.00 cheaper.  

Anyone have any experience with either of these kits?  Any drawbacks?

I'm definitely going with a 7.5" barrel since I already have a couple 16" rifles. I want the smallest pistol reasonable.  

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the 7.5" Model1Sales pistol kit on a Spike's stripped lower. I love it! No problems with it at all.

You might want to consider pricing out the parts you want and assembling 100% of it yourself. You might save money. Then again you might not "save money", but you could end up paying the same, get exactly what you want and not have to pay more in the future by replacing parts.

It doesn't take much at all to assemble one yourself. A vice, cheapo upper vice block and a torque wrench is about all you need in the way of special tools. Watch the Brownells How To Build An AR-15 Video and you'll see that there's not much to it at all. Start shopping for a barrel, stripped upper, stripped lower, hand guard, BCG and lower parts. Many vendors will check headspace before they ship it out if you buy both the barrel and BCG from them. Some vendors will check headspace for you even if you ship them the BCG.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
They are identical (almost)

KB is run by ex husband of owner of M1S.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
JSE for the win
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 JSE surplus.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I just found JSE Surplus, I think I'll go with them.

This isn't my first go round building an AR, just the first time building a AR Pistol .  I don't have a lot of money at the moment, so I think I'll go with one of the JSE uppers and modify it when I get the money.

I've been jealous of all you guys with your AR pistols, about time I had one myself
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top