Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 2:51:08 PM EDT
I'd like to see what the Spike's pistol buffer tube looks like: is the end cap rounded at all? I'm thinking about replacing mine with a more shoulder-friendly tube.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It is perfectly flat at the end.  This build is missing a bunch of stuff still, but you get the idea.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'd like to see what the Spike's pistol buffer tube looks like: is the end cap rounded at all? I'm thinking about replacing mine with a more shoulder-friendly tube.

I have a nice rounded cane/chair tip on the end of mine. The tip is tucked under the foam for a nice finished look. I know what you mean by shoulder friendly. Sometimes it will slip from my cheek weld and knock my shoulder pretty good.

I assume this is why your looking to do yours also, because as everybody knows, if your adding anything or changing the tube to make it easy to shoulder then according to the NFA you are "redesigning or remaking" it to be fired from the shoulder. And that would be considered making a rifle. If it has a barrel under 16" that would be a illegal SBR.

Just so you know, so next time you can "clarify" your legal intentions before posting where anyone can read them.

The term ``rifle'' means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or 
remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder....

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top